Trip Computer - Fiat 500x Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 11 (permalink) Old 03-05-2016, 10:39 AM Thread Starter

Question Trip Computer

Has anybody here figured out the gimic that is Best Fuel/Best Consumption on the Trip Computer?

I've just about got to grips with Trip A and Trip B but having reset Best Fuel with its silly little cup it now constantly reads nil. That will teach me to press buttons

post #2 of 11 (permalink) Old 03-07-2016, 01:18 PM

I find it needs a few trips before it works out an average once it's been reset.
post #3 of 11 (permalink) Old 03-07-2016, 01:21 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by twobigdogs View Post
I find it needs a few trips before it works out an average once it's been reset.
Thank you, I'll wait for a few more trips then.

😊

post #4 of 11 (permalink) Old 11-28-2016, 08:24 AM

So my car has done nearly 12000km and my best fuel still reads - - / - -

Anybody got theirs to work?
post #5 of 11 (permalink) Old 11-28-2016, 02:23 PM

Mine works, but to be honest I don't really use it. It hit 52.9mpg in the first few weeks of ownership and its been the same since. :-D
post #6 of 11 (permalink) Old 11-29-2016, 11:32 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neil F View Post
Mine works, but to be honest I don't really use it. It hit 52.9mpg in the first few weeks of ownership and its been the same since. :-D
It's just a gimmic really, not at al important, but at least it's working now
post #7 of 11 (permalink) Old 12-09-2016, 08:11 PM

I have reset my "Best Fuel" readout many times but I can't work out what criteria it uses to calculate a new best fuel. Sometimes it takes many trips and other times it displays a new reading within about 5 minutes. The other day I was coasting down a gentle hill and I reset it and it quickly displayed 6.2 L/100kms (45.6 mpg). Don't know why it displayed a new "Best Fuel" so quickly when other times it has taken days. I would be interested to hear from anyone who knows how it works.

In the meanwhile I have decided not to ever reset it again because 6.2 L/100kms is pretty impressive ... all a bit of a laugh.
post #8 of 11 (permalink) Old 12-10-2016, 06:20 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Garry View Post
I have reset my "Best Fuel" readout many times but I can't work out what criteria it uses to calculate a new best fuel. Sometimes it takes many trips and other times it displays a new reading within about 5 minutes. The other day I was coasting down a gentle hill and I reset it and it quickly displayed 6.2 L/100kms (45.6 mpg). Don't know why it displayed a new "Best Fuel" so quickly when other times it has taken days. I would be interested to hear from anyone who knows how it works.

In the meanwhile I have decided not to ever reset it again because 6.2 L/100kms is pretty impressive ... all a bit of a laugh.
Certainly not me. Like yourself I have a Best Fuel of 51.1 mpg and it's staying like that unless it ever gets better than that.

Not the most useful feature of the 500X
post #9 of 11 (permalink) Old 12-12-2016, 09:31 AM

It something like over the last 100 hours of driving or 4000 miles unless you reset it. I don't know how long it takes to start showing but it will reset after the time or miles limit is reached.
post #10 of 11 (permalink) Old 01-03-2017, 08:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Garry View Post

I haven't manually reset my "Best Fuel" metre since my last post, but today I noticed that it has a new reading of 4.9 L/100kms or nearly 58 mpg (UK gallons). I don't know when it recorded the new best fuel consumption but I'm pretty impressed with it especially as I have the 170 hp 1.4 unit.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page