Disabled Uconnect Live? - Page 2 - Fiat 500x Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #11 of 12 (permalink) Old 02-02-2017, 02:32 PM

Somewhat crestfallen, it seems that not all uConnect Live services have been activated. Nice new icon in Apps screen, green/yellow smiley face but it will take me a while to work out what works and what doesn't. Created a brand new account, going on a long journey next week, watch this space but don't hold your breath.
post #12 of 12 (permalink) Old 03-21-2017, 09:21 AM

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barry Corrigan View Post
Hi folks,
Just picked up my nearly new 500x today from dealer. I decided to go with the car due to the excellent vibe I was getting from the Uconnect idea / app...
Now... I'm also getting the message that my car cannot connect to Uconnect Live through the app and I phoned Fiat with the details of the reg, etc.
It transpires that my car was registered as a rental when new (fine, no issues) and that the firm had bought the cars without enabling the Uconnect, hence I cannot use any of the app features at all. The girl at the end of the phone wasn't too confident about it coming back, either.
I was wondering if anyone else had come across this before and, more importantly, what can be done to fix it?
I'm really impressed by the car,really impressed and don't want to hand it back...
Any ideas welcome...
Apologies for the late response Barry, but you'll see why in a minute

Just this very morning I have succeeded in getting uConnect Live (Including TomTom Live services) on my 'ancient' 500X. Like you mine is a pre Sept 2015 model, and originally a rental. No uConnect Live....boo.

No More. When I got my car back from the dealer last time I noticed that things had changed, the firmware is now v 16 point something and there are new features such as a uConnect Live app in Apps and TomTom Live Services Status in the Nav settings.

I emailed Fiat CS pointing out that this surely indicated that uConnect Live and TomTom Live should now be availabe according to the menu entries and hey presto, 2 days later a phone call from Italy informing me that uConect Live services were now fully activated on my vehicle, and I haven't even had to pay a penny to TomTom for their Live Services and I do believe that I now have TomTom maps installed, rather than the Harman maps originally installed. My unit is a 6.5" unit and not a 5", the only difference seems to be at the moment that I still don't have the option of updating myself via USB. You may just need to get the firmware updated to v 16 point something by your dealer.

So give em a call, drop them an email, hopefully, if you haven't already discovered it, you'll be going 'Live' within a matter of days

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page