uConnect Update - Fiat 500x Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 10 (permalink) Old 12-16-2016, 01:20 PM Thread Starter

Unhappy uConnect Update

Has anybody managed to update their maps on the 6.5" uConnect system? Anyone know how it's done? Fiat simply referred me to the dealer who hasn't got a clue how it's done and never before been asked to update the maps.

They have established that they can't be updated in the same way as the 5" unit (download maps onto USB stick) but even Fiat's Technical Dept don't seem to know how it's done, or even if it can be.
post #2 of 10 (permalink) Old 12-20-2016, 08:49 AM

Garage
There is yet no update availlable. But when there is, it will be delivered as a SDHC memory card.
There has been some discussion between FIAT and Navtec about this. FIAT would like to have the dealers participate in distributing the update as Navtec wishes to sell the update to anyone who wishes to have one.

Price would be similar to TomTom's update; around 70,-

I'm still waiting too...

Never drive faster than your guardian angel can fly
post #3 of 10 (permalink) Old 12-20-2016, 09:05 AM

Garage
DO NOT make the mistake to try and update your system with TomTom. Those who did are not happy.
Anyway, for us 6,5" uConnect users, the answer can be found here:

http://chryslergroup.navigation.com/...ChryslerNA/USD

Please check back soon...
Right.
That message has been unchanged for over a year now.

Never drive faster than your guardian angel can fly

post #4 of 10 (permalink) Old 12-20-2016, 09:35 AM Thread Starter

Exclamation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raptor View Post
DO NOT make the mistake to try and update your system with TomTom. Those who did are not happy.
Anyway, for us 6,5" uConnect users, the answer can be found here:

http://chryslergroup.navigation.com/...ChryslerNA/USD

Please check back soon...
Right.
That message has been unchanged for over a year now.

There is some DISTANT hope for SOME, if not all. My dealer rang me yesterday and emailed me a link to a site that allegedly went live yesterday. It's great news for owners of some models and I sincerely hope that the 500X will be added next year.

The kick in the nads is that you get up to 4 map updates a year, free, starting with the start date of your warranty. How long ago was that?

https://maps.mopar.eu/en/home

Please let me know if anyone actually manages to update from this site.
post #5 of 10 (permalink) Old 01-10-2017, 08:27 AM

Have the roads changed much around your way? I don't see the need for 4 map updates a year personally.
post #6 of 10 (permalink) Old 01-13-2017, 01:55 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moonie View Post
Have the roads changed much around your way? I don't see the need for 4 map updates a year personally.
I didn't ask for 4 updates a year, that's what they're offering. I would be happy for ONE update to my 2013 maps
post #7 of 10 (permalink) Old 02-01-2017, 08:14 AM Thread Starter

Sadly Fiat CS are continuing to ignore this issue and treat 6.5" unit owners like second class citizens. The 5" units get free maps at least for 3 years, whatever updates may be available for the 6.5 (HERE Maps) they expect us to pay for, thus treating different Fiat customers unequally.

However, I stumbled across this post on the Fiat Forum which may be of interest to some of you. I cannot vouch for it beyond the forum but it makes interesting reading bearing in mind what we have previously been told by Fiat CS

"As I've mentioned before, I have a very early 500X (2015) with the 6.5" unconnect, which never had live services.

During my first service last year, the dealer said they didn't know anything about live services and had no idea why my 6.5" didn't have it, when it clearly should.

Today was my second service and lo and behold, my uconnect was completely upgraded:

- new tomtom navi
- new maps
- working/enabled live services
- upgraded graphics (same as 2016/2017 models)
- upgraded bluetooth (much faster to connect/sync)

The dealer had no idea about the above, they just received two campaigns (recalls) which they applied, they are:

code: 106025A
Description: Campaign 6025A

code: 106000A
Description: Unit ECM-VP4

The 6025A I think is for the diesel engine management and the ECM is the control unit for the uconnect (VP4 in this case, since there is also a VP3).

What is interesting, the dealer has access to a "Live Uconnect" website, which shows that the upgraded ECM-VP4 unit has a software upgrade dated June 2016.

I know there are others like me with 6.5" units but without live services, so you might want to ask your local dealer about the above upgrades, they are free after all."[COLOR]
[/COLOR]

Last edited by Alanw47; 02-01-2017 at 08:17 AM.
post #8 of 10 (permalink) Old 02-03-2018, 10:53 AM

I've registered just today after finding this thread in my own 'journey' to get a map update. Although a one year old thread, i'm struggling too, but may have a newer model that some here, but it isn't helping me achieve an update. My own Fiat garage are just as confused as I am, so they're going to investigate on Monday (5th Feb) about the instruction I'm getting from the mopar.eu website (after receiving their update message) about how this can be achieved. If I get something positive back, i'll share.
post #9 of 10 (permalink) Old 08-14-2018, 07:13 AM

I have done huge amount of following up with Fiat, and as expected it is a rip off and huge pain.

Currently the dealers have no idea how to bar a few they have sent me, the 6.5 screen is not TomTom but actually HERE maps, which can only be done via certian dealers at a cost of just under 100!!

I can forward the dealers that do actually update if anyone still looking for that info.
post #10 of 10 (permalink) Old 09-04-2018, 06:26 AM Thread Starter

Exclamation

Quote:
Originally Posted by hovelj View Post
I have done huge amount of following up with Fiat, and as expected it is a rip off and huge pain.

Currently the dealers have no idea how to bar a few they have sent me, the 6.5 screen is not TomTom but actually HERE maps, which can only be done via certian dealers at a cost of just under 100!!

I can forward the dealers that do actually update if anyone still looking for that info.

Just under 100? I'd rip their arms off. I was quoted just over 100, plus Labour, plus VAT bringing the total to just inder 200.

At the risk of being boring I bought a top-of-the-range Garmin, using HERE maps, 7" HD Screen, 4 free map udates per year, free Traffic and far more functionality than the uConnect unit for roughly 165 quid brand new. Personally I don't mind a GPS sat on top of the dashboard but I refuse to bow down to the rip-off merchants from Milan

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page