500x TPMS issues - Fiat 500x Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old 04-03-2017, 09:52 AM Thread Starter

500x TPMS issues

Hi, just picked up our nearly new 500x but on driving home from the garage the TPMS warning came on. 'Please check your tire pressure' no actual values on the the display just yellow warning signals. All tyres see normal if anything slightly over inflated. Notice somewhere someone said can be due to where you've placed your phone can upset sensors?? Don't know how to fix it? Any ideas?
post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old 04-10-2017, 06:24 AM

Firstly check all tyre pressures are correct. If they are all fine, you will need to perform a reset which it tells you how to do in the manual. My guess is the dealer has just filled all the tyres up without resetting it.
post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old 04-10-2017, 06:47 AM

If I recall correctly you need to drive it for 50 miles or so to reset them.

post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old 04-18-2017, 07:39 AM

Thumbs down

Quote:
Originally Posted by MacPhers76 View Post
Hi, just picked up our nearly new 500x but on driving home from the garage the TPMS warning came on. 'Please check your tire pressure' no actual values on the the display just yellow warning signals. All tyres see normal if anything slightly over inflated. Notice somewhere someone said can be due to where you've placed your phone can upset sensors?? Don't know how to fix it? Any ideas?
I have this happen to mine approximately once a month. Dealer has never found a fault to fix and tyre pressures always seem OK. I just sigh loudly, reset it and wait till the next time. Not one single time have the tyre pressures been anything other than normal.
post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old 04-21-2017, 02:11 PM

Unhappy Tyre pressure warning.

Same here.Had a puncture ,warning went off noticed a screw in the rear tyre. Had new tyre fitted ,reset warning and now at random about once a month warning goes off.Checked pressures all ok every time! Never had warning go off before in nearly 20000 miles. Even went off when parked with engine running but not moving. Seems to have a mind of it own.
post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old 05-09-2017, 11:25 AM

Do they have sensors in the wheels or is it just rolling measurement?