Interior fuse box 2015 - Fiat 500x Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 12 (permalink) Old 05-13-2017, 08:58 AM Thread Starter

Interior fuse box 2015

Hi all, been a while!

I've bought a dash cam as my commute to work has got crazy... I've come to hardwire it in but hit a wall trying to find the interior fuse box. Manual says left of steering column - is it behind the trim for the clutch rest? Anyone found theirs yet can point me in the right direction please?!
post #2 of 12 (permalink) Old 05-14-2017, 04:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hewesy View Post
Hi all, been a while!

I've bought a dash cam as my commute to work has got crazy... I've come to hardwire it in but hit a wall trying to find the interior fuse box. Manual says left of steering column - is it behind the trim for the clutch rest? Anyone found theirs yet can point me in the right direction please?!
Have a look here.
I had the same problem!
http://www.fiatforum.com/500x/440297...-fuse-box.html
post #3 of 12 (permalink) Old 05-14-2017, 11:30 AM Thread Starter

Cheers mate, good find! Right clear next weekend then...!

Hewesy

post #4 of 12 (permalink) Old 05-14-2017, 11:31 AM Thread Starter

Oh out of interest, how did you run the cable up to the top, presuming yours is behind the mirror too?
post #5 of 12 (permalink) Old 05-14-2017, 01:50 PM

Quote:
Oh out of interest, how did you run the cable up to the top, presuming yours is behind the mirror too?
I've got a Thinkware F50 specifically because its quite small. There are the extra electronic gubins sat in a big plastic housing behind the mirror, so the only place I've got is up at the top of the windscreen towards the driver side. It's small enough to go up behind the sun visor and doesn't impede my view at all. I then fed all the wiring up into the gap running between Windscreen and roof and then down behind the pillar.
I've just ordered the hardwiring kit myself so hoping I can keep the camera in the same position and run the cable across the windscreen behind the mirror housing.
post #6 of 12 (permalink) Old 05-14-2017, 03:39 PM Thread Starter

Cheers, I've got a hardwire kit for the Nextbase camera, essentially it's a long USB cable. Was the pillar trim easy to remove, presumably the plastic part unclips?
post #7 of 12 (permalink) Old 05-15-2017, 01:37 PM

Quote:
Cheers, I've got a hardwire kit for the Nextbase camera, essentially it's a long USB cable. Was the pillar trim easy to remove, presumably the plastic part unclips?
There should be enough slack in the covering to just feed the wires across the top of the A pillar cover and then run it behind the door seals to the bottom of the door, then again enough flex to push it between the plastic covers then run it across the base of the dashboard (you'll need to pop the covers off here - cant remember if theyre held on by screws or not.).
post #8 of 12 (permalink) Old 05-21-2017, 01:45 PM Thread Starter

Fantastic, really appreciate it mate. Did you find a suitable earth for your hardwire kit?
post #9 of 12 (permalink) Old 05-24-2017, 02:28 PM

Quote:
Fantastic, really appreciate it mate. Did you find a suitable earth for your hardwire kit?
Have a look at the link I posted above as I finally got round to fitting the hardwire kit.
You have to remove the glovebox completely which involves removing screws at the top and bottom then pulling it out, off some clips. Needed too sharp a tug for my comfort!
There's a screw by the fusebox you can use for an earth point.
post #10 of 12 (permalink) Old 05-28-2017, 11:05 AM Thread Starter

Thanks - I've just had another look and you're not kidding about how sharp a pull it needs! In fact I've backed off as I'm not convinced I've got it right. Does the plastic trim next to the glove box pull out too? Where did you pull from?

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page