Dangerous starting - Fiat 500x Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 1 (permalink) Old 03-20-2020, 11:16 AM Thread Starter

Question Dangerous starting

A new member and straight into technical problems. I have just finished with a leased 2017 Skoda Yeti DSG and at 77 years old didn't want a new lease or the depreciation of a new car as I really only wanted a runabout. So I purchased a 2017 Fiat 500X Pop Star Auto (twin clutch). It has 15500 miles and is in really pristine condition. Due to the Corona Virus scare we haven't used it much in the week we have had it, but yesterday it seemed to start without first depressing the footbrake.

It was standard form on the Yeti. If the footbrake was not depressed the Yeti just wouldn't start and a warning light came up on the dash. So naturally I did it on this car and didn't notice that it would start without this action. However, reading the instruction manual It says the foot brake must be pressed before starting the engine. This morning I got into the car carefully avoiding the pedals and sure enough it started without a problem. Has anyone else come across this issue? It certainly smacks of something wrong with the electronics. I would return it to the garage, but am disinclined to do so at present because of said Coronavirus problem.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page