Few issues... - Fiat 500x Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 14 (permalink) Old 10-24-2015, 04:25 PM Thread Starter

Few issues...

Thought it might be useful to capture the issues we've had just in case anyone else has them to.

Ours is one of the early cars, version 0 according to Fiat.

So far...

Had the air con pipe re-routed in the engine bay as it was vibrating on the bulkhead (this lead to a recall I believe )

New front brakes to remove grinding noise (modified pads)

Waiting on new exhaust brackets as the exhaust is bumping on the rear subframe over rough(ish) roads, sleeping policemen etc

Fingers crossed after this all is good...!

Hewesy

2015 500X Pop Star, 1.4
post #2 of 14 (permalink) Old 10-24-2015, 08:52 PM

i have only squeaky brake noise when it is warm, it is known fault.And fiat500usa offical page wrote some more common problem about 500x.

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!
post #3 of 14 (permalink) Old 10-25-2015, 06:57 AM Thread Starter

Thanks mate, yes the brake issue is known - seems the modified pads cure it but I'll give it a few more weeks to bed in fully before I commit fully!

Hewesy

2015 500X Pop Star, 1.4

post #4 of 14 (permalink) Old 10-25-2015, 03:47 PM

I've noticed a couple of "bong" type sounds from the back when I've gone over some ramps....not sure if it is worth worrying about till service time?
post #5 of 14 (permalink) Old 10-25-2015, 05:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hewesy View Post
Thanks mate, yes the brake issue is known - seems the modified pads cure it but I'll give it a few more weeks to bed in fully before I commit fully!

i compare 2 brand new 500x mine is making noise when its warm other s not. when i chat with some tech he said fiat known this problem before sale and they told a company to fix maybe some missing to fix, sometimes they can't find with vin number just try to record it like i done and put on youtube.. fiat 500x brake noise..
Good luck

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!
post #6 of 14 (permalink) Old 10-25-2015, 06:48 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by twobigdogs View Post
I've noticed a couple of "bong" type sounds from the back when I've gone over some ramps....not sure if it is worth worrying about till service time?
Sounds like the same issue, it was annoying me so I decided to get it looked at rather than wait. Mine does it quite a bit.

Up to you whether to wait but modified brackets available.

Hewesy

2015 500X Pop Star, 1.4
post #7 of 14 (permalink) Old 10-28-2015, 08:06 AM

few weeks ... i gave 5 month and over 7000 miles still noise is there.. BUT. when you take the car to service take it when its warm (coz mine is making noise only when brakes gets warm) and don't listen them we need to clean but you need to pay.Its manufacture fault..

post #8 of 14 (permalink) Old 11-02-2015, 12:25 PM
Groupie

Quote:
Originally Posted by cemmy074 View Post
few weeks ... i gave 5 month and over 7000 miles still noise is there.. BUT. when you take the car to service take it when its warm (coz mine is making noise only when brakes gets warm) and don't listen them we need to clean but you need to pay.Its manufacture fault..
So have you got the modified pads fitted or not?

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3
post #9 of 14 (permalink) Old 11-02-2015, 04:42 PM

nope.. i took the garage 7 times and stayed there around 20 days .they said brakes are fine and wait fiat tech who is working in fiat uk he came and he checked in the end he heard the noise(i think it is lie because they heard after i show the video) and now waiting the part (2 weeks nothing heard) i told them in first day about the brakes but they just said everything is ok.. brakes makes noise when gets warm and now is worse than before.To be honest i lost all interest about this car.Don't take your car before brakes get warm because they r only driving 2 mile or not and in that time it won't make noise.And fiat knows this problem but they have only some vin numbers for it might be yours won't show because of that make a video or make the brakes warm before go.. Good luck

post #10 of 14 (permalink) Old 11-03-2015, 10:14 AM Thread Starter

Odd, mine was diagnosed on one day, pads delivered and repaired the next. It was the exhaust bracket that took 10 days to come (it's in now having that fitted).

The new pads, so far, have cured the noise though mine did occur after about 1000 miles or so, guess I need to do the same and fully bed in before pronouncing a success. Nice not to have the grinding noise at present though!

Mine did it cold or at temp, odd yours is only one extreme?

Hewesy

2015 500X Pop Star, 1.4

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page