Cross plus spec confusion - Fiat 500x Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 10 (permalink) Old 09-28-2017, 04:25 PM Thread Starter

Cross plus spec confusion

I have just bought a 2016 (16) Cross Plus 2.0 diesel auto. To my knowledge it was previously a Thrifty rental car.
I am confused because all the info I can find on the spec for the year and model tells me that I should have the 6.5 uconnect unit and a second usb port inside the arm rest.
I have a 5.0 uconnect unit and no second usb in the arm rest.

Does anyone know if the spec changed after 2016? Or was my car a 2015 built car registered in 2016? or does the fact is was a Thrifty rental car mean the specs were different? I'm baffled.

Also my phone works fine from the unit and when I answer and end a call I can use the steering wheel controls but I can't use the green answer button on the steering wheel to start a call. Is that correct?

any help would be appreciated, and so far loving the car !!
post #2 of 10 (permalink) Old 10-02-2017, 09:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LottyG View Post
I have just bought a 2016 (16) Cross Plus 2.0 diesel auto. To my knowledge it was previously a Thrifty rental car.
I am confused because all the info I can find on the spec for the year and model tells me that I should have the 6.5 uconnect unit and a second usb port inside the arm rest.
I have a 5.0 uconnect unit and no second usb in the arm rest.

Does anyone know if the spec changed after 2016? Or was my car a 2015 built car registered in 2016? or does the fact is was a Thrifty rental car mean the specs were different? I'm baffled.

Also my phone works fine from the unit and when I answer and end a call I can use the steering wheel controls but I can't use the green answer button on the steering wheel to start a call. Is that correct?

any help would be appreciated, and so far loving the car !!
My Cross 1.4 Multiair was ex Thrifty ( big sticker inside the drivers side armrest). Mine was first registered in Sept 2015 and is a 65 reg and there have been tales of early rental cars not having all the features enabled. Given the list price and the used price I paid on an 8 month old vehicle, one wonders if Fiat financed the whole deal just to get 500X's showing on the road? Sorry can't help with the other issues as mine is a lower spec with just the 5" unit and I don't use my phone in the car so not paired.
post #3 of 10 (permalink) Old 10-04-2017, 04:40 PM Thread Starter

Thanks for the reply.

Having read the manual again it looks like the green phone button is just for answering the calls and not for making them so no big deal. The funny thing is when the text messages are received and read out to me, had a bit of fun with my other half sending me texts.
Like you say, the fantastic used price rate was so good, I can't complain about a smaller screen.

Currently getting just over 50 to the gallon which for a 4x4 auto is pretty good.

post #4 of 10 (permalink) Old 10-04-2017, 05:54 PM

Great MPG, I struggle to get 40 with a 1.4 petrol and 2WD!
post #5 of 10 (permalink) Old 10-05-2017, 07:34 AM

Wow that's amazing MPG there, I can just about get 45mpg on a long drive in my 1.4 2WD petrol X - but only if I avoid using cruise (which seems to have a lead foot...).

Though stick a roof box on and it plummets, 36mpg was the best I got in France in the summer (loaded car, roofbox and 80mph on their E routes).

Hewesy

Hewesy

2015 500X Pop Star, 1.4
post #6 of 10 (permalink) Old 10-06-2017, 07:12 AM

I think there is a thread on here about someone else buying an ex-rental and had to call Fiat up to get some features enabled on the car.
post #7 of 10 (permalink) Old 10-07-2017, 05:15 PM Thread Starter

I seem to have the features enabled ( although would I know I didn't have something if I hadn't read about it ? , probably not) but my issue is that the Cross Plus is supposed to have the 6.5 uconnect unit and I have the 5.0 one, and I also do not have the 2nd USB port in the arm rest.
post #8 of 10 (permalink) Old 02-14-2018, 01:00 PM

Iím in the same situation, Iíve just brought a 16 plate cross plus and it only has the 5.0 screen instead of the 6.5 which means no dab radio which I really wanted

Would it be worth a trip to fiat to see what they say?
post #9 of 10 (permalink) Old 02-15-2018, 10:01 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mead123 View Post
Iím in the same situation, Iíve just brought a 16 plate cross plus and it only has the 5.0 screen instead of the 6.5 which means no dab radio which I really wanted

Would it be worth a trip to fiat to see what they say?
From reading various threads/forums, I think mine is because it was an -ex rental so Fiat supplied a job lot to them with some features being cheaper spec i.e. the infotainment unit.

Lotty
post #10 of 10 (permalink) Old 02-15-2018, 10:58 AM

Just had a look at my log book, the car used to belong to europcar so looks like thatís what happened to mine aswell.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page