Sunroof - Fiat 500x Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old 04-21-2018, 05:57 AM Thread Starter

Sunroof

Hi there, new to the forum and just placing an order for a 2018 Cross Plus. We quite fancy the sunroof option (pricey, but nice) but I literally cannot find one anywhere to look at.

I am 6ft 4” and the sunroof doesn’t look a problem height wise for me in the front from the pics., but who really knows! I understand it might lower it a bit in the back but that doesn’t worry me.

Does anyone have the sunroof? Any thoughts on how nice it is? Any idea on how this affects the headroom positively / negatively in the front?

Thanks for your help!
post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old 04-27-2018, 06:55 AM

I think I've only seen one, I doubt your height will impact it but I would advise that you cannot have a roof rack/roof bar system with the sunroof option. Too much of the roof is removed for the glass as I understand it.

That might not be an option for you but worth bearing in mind.

Personally I would also suggest it would also increase the "greenhouse" heat issue the car can suffer from in the summer, it looks cool but I'd stick with metal roof and spend the money on another option :-)

Hewesy

Hewesy

2015 500X Pop Star, 1.4
post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old 05-24-2018, 09:08 AM

Hello
I have just pick up my fiat 500x with sunroof my friend.I insure you that its worth it because the front glass goes all the way back and you have excellent view.
Now for the rear seats i thing yes if you are like me 1.87 tall you will realise that if you are behind you are very close to roof but in the center with the sunvisor open you are very ok
the sunvisors of the roof are 2 and they are open manually only the roof has to modes full open to the back and open to position like spoiler

post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old 06-02-2018, 12:33 AM

I have the sunroof on my 500X Lounge and are very happy with it. It makes the cabin nice and light. I am 6’2’’ and have no problem with headroom in the front, but I can’t comment on your situation as you are 2’’ taller than me. I found a floor model with sunroof to test the headroom before I placed my order. Good luck.
post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old 06-02-2018, 12:44 AM

Here is the sunroof open on my 500X.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 726AA674-4B30-4BE3-9CFC-515A91B1383A_1527914639744.jpg (242.6 KB, 3 views)