Fiat 500x Forums banner

Suspension noise

19K views 29 replies 8 participants last post by  Frank128 
#1 ·
My car is yet again back at the dealership. This is the 3rd visit for a knocking noise coming from ? front suspension and splitting dashboard. The car is 7 months old today with 2843 miles on it and so far it been back for incomplete pre delivery setup x1, airbag warning failure x3(Fiat had to fly someone in to fix this), recall for software/ wheelbrace x2 and abnormal suspension noise x3

Not exactly inspiring build quality Fiat.

#3 ·
hi there
when i wrote my problem about my old 500x people thought i was talking duckshit. but my car was over 8000 miles anyway.don't wait to dealer car been enough for fixing straight force to customer service and if you have any other problem you had or still have wrote them too,if you bought the car with finance with fca finance contact with them at the same time and tell the problem and you can say refuse the car payment..After all you can get better service or replacement brand new one.Problem is mostly is mechanics and fiat uk they are only looking paperwork one mechanic says yes it has fault other says nothing wrong.Just be little strong other than you cant go anywhere.i hope you can sort all.
p.s. sorry for my grammer

#4 ·
Car back from Dealership, 2nd replacement engine mount fitted( how can a car need 3 engine mounts in 7 months and only covered 2890 miles!) the dashboard crack has not been repaired because there is no repair kit available at this time but I have been informed it will take 5 minutes to fix but the dealer needs the car for 2 whole days for the resin to set.

Latest comment from Fiat Customer services - that's what a warranty is for!

I asked if these failing engine mounts is a known problem, no answer given so I told them I am concerned re the built quality of my particular car, again no answer forthcoming.

Of the 2890 miles done, 329 miles are for travelling to/from dealership at a cost of £48 fuel and £78.50 train fares.

We have a 63 plate 500 pop due for replacement very soon and my wife wants to upgrade to either the sport or entry level Abarth 500, can't see that happening at this time.

#6 ·
Like i said FIAT UK or Fiat customer service is fully crap. What is warranty for??? What reason ppls buying brand new car i can buy 3 years old car extended warranty and drive extra 5 years and ll cost half price. Because of that fiat is loosing customer and reliability..i ll start to search if i can get good deal i ll change the car dont trust 500x anymore. Ok an9ther think why u didnt say if warranty for fixing fiat is not bothered to fix more than 3 years mean they dont trust the car new tipo(egea) comes 5 years warranty ..even citizen advice said if u are not happy with your car you can open the file for give it back or swap.i told dealer, fca and fiat . i didnt buy a car for visit the dealer everyweek.and refuse to fixing anymore.and 2-3 times your car fixed with same problem you could givee them back. Just give a call to citizen advice.they r really helpful.

#5 ·
Hi , sorry to hear you are having so many problems with your car . I had a problem with the dash on my car , split on the seam close to infotainment centre . Fiat had car for two days like you said and to be fair it's as good as new . I still have this annoying noise on engine that they can't locate . I feel like changing my car , it's not good for Fiats customer confidence . Good luck sorting it out .

#8 ·
Update on repairs, 2nd replacement engine mount now installed but car is back at dealership for cracked dash. Dealer was telling me about all the equipment they had to purchase to fix the crack with the 'special' resin Fiat uses. The list included cotton ear buds, disposable gloves and one sand bag! 3 days needed for resin to set for a 5 minute job.

Still waiting to hear back from Fiat customer service team.

#9 ·
if you hear anything let me know. i report that problem 2 months ago still nothing happened even dealer's courtesy car same problem with it. and another problem starts rear window switch is not working and condensation in headlight . dealer and customer service is not really helpful until you push them with finance company..

Attachments

#10 ·
The crack or split is joint between two separate panels, it looks like the front panel is slightly too big and is causing a bend in the centre of it. This panel is also very thin at this point and has no structural stiffness, you can push it down with light pressure, I'm just going to blob some plastic glue into the gap and weight it down until it sets, sounds like this is what the dealer is doing anyway.
The build quality on the 500x is a bit ropey by the looks of it, mine has squeeky suspension/engine mounts/ exhaust brackets? at low speed, it also has the gap. A Lounge model I test drove had some rubber trim missing along the bottom of the windscreen and water was already getting into the edge of the screen, give it a year or two and it will be properly be delaminating.

#12 ·
Im not bothering with Fiat, my car is a pre-reg from Arnold Clark with 2k on the clock, they have been upto something because the wheel caps are missing and im not entirely sure the TPMS is working.
I managed to give the car a shake in between the rain showers yesterday, Im pretty sure the squeeking is coming from the bushes on the torsion bar or droplinks I will give them a squirt of silicone when the weather dries up.

#14 ·
Yes but if all they are doing is sticking it down, I'd rather do it then let the grease monkeys at Arnold Clark do it. It was bought from one of their Motorstore branches so not even a Fiat dealership. If I need any warranty stuff done, I will probably take to the local Fiat dealer. Its a badly designed panel causing it, I would imagine 99% of all 500x's have the same problem.
I will post some pictures when I do it next week.

#15 ·
Dont say that 500x best car without any problem :) Fiat fixing same funny way but fixing is not important they should find main problem mine has same problem and i didn't let them to fix like doggy fixing style..even courtesy car had same problem too. and new one is moisture in headlight,what a great quality car..
1st poor built quality
2nd high price than other suvs
3rd poor customer service..

Attachments

#18 ·
New flash........another failure in my 500x!

This time on my way to Dundee the electric hand brake warning light failure came on and cruise control failed!

Returned to dealership Monday 25th April and following 2 software updates and an electrical connection repair car was returned to me by Arnold Clark Paisley on 26th April at 4 pm. I drove less than 4 miles and same fault returned on an intermittent form. I was smart enough to take dashboard pics on my mobile each time.

It has now been with Arnold Clark in Paisley since Tuesday 3rd of May, a clutch sensor has alleged to have been replaced and the Service Manager is testing the car as I write this.

I know believe that my car must be of substandard build quality compared to others on here and I am awaiting a meeting with Arnold Clark Paisley General Manager to discuss how we go forward!

#19 ·
be careful twobigdogs musn't hear,coz nothing wrong with 500x lol. i told in first day and i told even fiat manager/fca and fiat uk ,500x is ****, full problems and everyday new one.i hope you can sort it but i told you ages ago force them to take the car back but force them with finance company. probably they will offer you another newer built one which is less problem than old one. but still 500x and u can't enjoy because last experience. i am just waiting to contract day when it finish i ll never touch any fiat..
good luck

#23 ·
OMG.he said he can't deal the issue? what the F he is doing there? i told you first day but you still trying your luck. Just try to go CITIZEN ADVICE which is free they will give you example letter(selling faulty goods or something like this) write to FIAT UK or your FINANCE COMPANY.
manager or customer service is not bothered in the end they are not paying lots of money for scap car. They changed mine which i bought with fiat finance and manager dealed with us not customer service.
Just try with citizen advice and finance compoany.. but it will be little difficult if your car is over 6 month old. because they can turn and say wear and tear coz used over 6 month..
or one more option maybe it ll work take the car other fiat dealership or rac get full report about the faults and take them to court..
Probably you read my add about the 500x's faults.And i know how stressful.
some people says 500x is good car because of that lots of second hand is for sale now. and because of that in usa they are loosing 20% everymonth . people understand fiat 500x is crap ,cant wait to get rid of mine..
good luck,i hope you can sort asap

#24 ·
I have already discussed with citizen advice, AA legal dept and consumers rights. I have to give them the opportunity to address my concerns and I need to behave in a reasonable manner. I don't have finance on the car. I need to wait until he responds with a offer before I escalate but I have plenty options available despite the car now being 10 months old. Just go to be patient!

#28 ·
ha ha ha still remember you had few problems with your car... most of the forums has sharing good and bad points about the cars. Because of that it calls forum and people getting ideas.
Be honest and write your problems what you had on here too not usa page..

Panter.. maybe it is offputting ,But built quality is not matching with its price maybe because of that lost more than 20% selling numbers even they are giving big discount..
Please just read my old post what problems i had with my old one. and 1.4 used £1500 for nearly 6000 miles and it was 70% motorway drive.
and skbar 247 been to service many times with same problem .and think if it happen to you what would you do?

p.s. sorry for my english.

#29 ·
And.... some people sharing their problems some people is not.. you think we are happy to write and getting more stress .if other people getting same problem we can report more to fiat uk (like i argue with fiat uk for squeaky brake noise even fiat usa shared on their page) and after than they stop to work only vin number and they changed. looks you are theone lucky customer who has good service and less problem 500x but not lots of ppl lucky as much as you.

#30 ·
I've been on this forum before to say that my june 2015 500x city look 1.6 multijet 120hp lounge has behaved perfectly from new. It is now coming up to 12 months and eight thousand miles and is still behaving itself. I am not gloating but just to let prospective and new owners that it is a great car. Long may it continue.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.