New Fiat Owner! - Page 2 - Fiat 500x Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #11 of 15 (permalink) Old 08-08-2017, 04:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hewesy View Post
Probably a good point Alec, I've no complaints about the ride manners - but I'll have to have a go in a version with 18" wheels to see if there is much difference.

When I was buying my X I raised the small boot issue to the salesman. His suggestion? Bin the space saver, lower the boot floor and rely on the tyre weld/fast fix stuff if you get a puncture. I pointed out that was fine until you get a rip or tear that the tyre weld wouldn't cover. His solution? Carry some superglue to glue it back together first...

Needless to say I still carry the space saver and ordered the roof rails for a roof box :-)

I have the exact same issue with my phone voice commands, doesn't work with either of my Android phones (work and personal) or my wife's work iPhone, though it will read my text messages fine. Voice commands work fine on radio with with the media (USB drive in my case). I must dig the manual out to see if it should work or not.

re: Start/Stop, I've noted in mine that if I sit with it engaged for a long period of time it will start the engine back up automatically, which I presume is the ECU Noting that the battery level has dropped. I suspect Start/Stop takes a fair chunk out of the battery (allowing for restarts too) but I'd be surprised if a new car battery is struggling - unless the car only does pretty short journeys?

Hewesy
My new to me 500X's battery would not enable the s/s until i'd done a few miles as it had been sat in a sales yard for some time. I notice If I don't use the car for a few days in the winter the s/s may or may not work too. At the moment in our summer... it seems to be fine!
post #12 of 15 (permalink) Old 08-08-2017, 05:59 PM Thread Starter

I'm pretty sure I've tried the green button as well Hewesy, but there's no beep for a voice command and it doesn't seem to be waiting for anything. I assumed it was just for answering an incoming call. Maybe I need the green button followed by the usual voice button. I haven't tried that yet...
post #13 of 15 (permalink) Old 08-09-2017, 05:55 AM

Odd, I must admit I was going to demo it last night and completely forgot when I got home. I'll nip out at lunch and retry.

Does your phone book work via the touch screen? So you can hit phone then tap to access your phone book to select someone and call from there?

What phone are you using, if you don't mind sharing that info?

Kind regards,

Hewesy

2015 500X Pop Star, 1.4

post #14 of 15 (permalink) Old 08-11-2017, 06:20 PM Thread Starter

A Galaxy S6 Edge. The phone book icon is available and I can select it on the phone menu. It brings up a list of my contacts. Pressing the green button doesn't do anything. The usual speak button knows what I mean if I say 'phone book' but doesn't open the phone book, just returns me to the phone screen. Other commands such as 'call Hewesy' or 'dial hewesy' aren't recognised . OK, maybe I don't have a mate called Hewesy but you get my drift. Likewise I can't ask it to dial a particular number.
post #15 of 15 (permalink) Old 08-14-2017, 07:24 AM

Well that explains all those missed calls :-)

I'm running and S6 Edge too, I tried yesterday and exactly the same. Looking at the UCONNECT Phone checker website the S6 Edge "should" be supporting all Bluetooth features.

I have a Samsung J5e work phone so will try that, I will try my wife's iPhone too if I get chance.

I'm sure I had it working on my old work Windows phone (the one useful thing it actually did) but that might be a memory lapse...

Hewesy

Hewesy

2015 500X Pop Star, 1.4

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page