new owner questions - Fiat 500x Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 3 (permalink) Old 04-17-2018, 04:52 AM Thread Starter

Question new owner questions

hi, my wife has just purchased a 66 plate cross + 2.0diesel 4x4 auto with 17k on it.

Its a september 16 car. Fiat uk seem a bit useless when it comes to answering questions so i thought i would ask those in the know!

-Can anyone tell me the servicing intervals and usual costs for this?
-The dealer is offering their arnold clark service plan which may or may not be good vslue based on the above. is the mopar service pack any good?
-what price is the mopar extended warranty to take the warranty to 5yrs/75k ?
-am i better with a 3rd party warranty?

i ask this as my own car (not a fiat) got stung with 1k of repairs at 64000 miles and 2.5yrs old as not in warranty.

many thanks

Mark
post #2 of 3 (permalink) Old 04-27-2018, 11:41 AM Thread Starter

anyone?
post #3 of 3 (permalink) Old 04-30-2018, 10:11 AM

Hi,

The car will be due an inspection/service every 12 months, depending on mileage covered will depend what needs to be done.

Generally the car uses oil/brake fluid with a 2 year life, or 21k miles for a diesel, so generally it works out as as basic inspection service one year (or in other words, very cheap) then the following year a full service and brake fluid change, filters etc (or in other words, very expensive). My first year "service" was about 50, the 2nd about 350 as it needed oil, brake fluid, filters etc. I gave it back before the cheap one came around again (if the new owner reads this, you're welcome ).

As to whether the warranty is worthwhile, really the only person who can decide that is you. See what it covers, see how much it costs but most importantly, check what it DOESN'T cover so you don't have a nasty surprise if something breaks.

I've personally never seen the point but YMMV and all that.

Hewesy

Hewesy

2015 500X Pop Star, 1.4

Last edited by hewesy; 04-30-2018 at 10:14 AM.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page