side lights - Fiat 500x Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 2 (permalink) Old 04-28-2018, 11:24 AM Thread Starter

side lights

Hi
I'm the new owner of 2016 500x and my question is does the car just have main lights. such that there are no rear side lights when you are driving? - i understand that there are front day lights only - how does that compare when you need your (side) lights as dusk falls or heavy rain - aren't they too bright for on coming traffic if you use the main lights ?
Cheers
post #2 of 2 (permalink) Old 04-30-2018, 10:00 AM

Hi Bronze,

Like the majority of modern cars the 500X only has front DRL (daylight running lights), there are no rear DRL's on the car. Annoyingly the car lights up front and rear lights when you unlock, but the rears quickly extinguish to front only. Worth being in mind if you are driving and daylight drops, you will see some light from the front of the car but nothing from the back. Not worth risking a fine.

There is no sidelight position, only dipped main/rear on and off. Sidelights are a bit of an overhang of the old days of motoring when streetlights were not as commonplace (and cars were not covered in reflective surfaces) and as such are largely obsolete on modern cars now.

Basically if you need to light up, it's the light dial to 1 (0 being front DRL only). Then toggle full beam if you need it. Just in case it helps, fog lights are within the light dial, top is front, bottom is rear. there is only one rear fog but dual front. Apologies if that's teaching you to suck eggs!

Hope that helps,

Hewesy

Hewesy

2015 500X Pop Star, 1.4

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page