UConnect Live / TomTom Live now available - Fiat 500x Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old 03-21-2017, 08:02 PM Thread Starter

Thumbs up UConnect Live / TomTom Live now available

Just this very morning I have succeeded in getting uConnect Live (Including TomTom Live services) on my 'ancient' 500X. Mine is a pre Sept 2015 model, and originally a rental. No uConnect Live....boo.

No More. When I got my car back from the dealer last time I noticed that things had changed, the firmware is now v 16 point something and there are new features such as a uConnect Live app in Apps and TomTom Live Services Status in the Nav settings.

I emailed Fiat CS pointing out that this surely indicated that uConnect Live and TomTom Live should now be availabe according to the menu entries and hey presto, 2 days later a phone call from Italy informing me that uConect Live services were now fully activated on my vehicle, and I haven't even had to pay a penny to TomTom for their Live Services and I do believe that I now have TomTom maps installed, rather than the Harman maps originally installed. My unit is a 6.5" unit and not a 5", the only difference seems to be at the moment that I still don't have the option of updating myself via USB. You may just need to get the firmware updated to v 16 point something by your dealer.

So give em a call, drop them an email, hopefully, if you haven't already discovered it, you'll be going 'Live' within a matter of days
post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old 04-10-2017, 06:26 AM

Glad to hear it. I remember reading your original threads where Fiat said you couldn't get it unless it was specified at the time of ordering. Only taken them two years to sort it out!
post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old 04-10-2017, 06:47 AM

Finally! Hope it now lives up to what you wanted out of the system....

post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old 08-16-2018, 03:41 PM

Red face Live update

Well my 500x is nearly three years old. And despite going back in to check in the early days the live update hardly worked. I just gave up asking or even trying it. However by some stoke of luck I solved the problem. I am using as a mobile an Apple iphone 10 but had an earlier model before then. What works is to have have the unconnect app open on my phone. Its worked a treat since then. Yipeeee

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page