Fiat 500x Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm no mechanic/technician, but I do know when a car isn't running right. When starting my Opening Edition from cold it runs as rough as a rough thing for the first few miles until it reaches normal temperature then it is more or less Ok. It coughs, splutters and lacks power, feels as though it will stall until the temp gauge reads Normal.

Once warm there is a discernible vibration when accelerating through 7th and 8th gears but mostly seems normal.

Dealership suspected a DPF regeneration issue but a 200 mile run on motorways and A roads has not changed things one jot.

Anybody had a similar problem with theirs? I love the car when it's hot and hate it when it's cold.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I have no idea if it's possible but it feels as though the engine is 'stuck' in Hot Engine mode and settings are not right for a cold start. Glowplug light is only on for about 1 second even on a frosty morning. What is 'normal' for this engine? I can only assume a sensor or two has gone down somewhere and the dealer can't find or detect it

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
FINALLY the dealer has xperienced the fault in a road test after numerous "No Fault Found" computer diagonses. It seems there is an intermittent injector imbalance when cold. New injector(s) required, usual story, none in UK, order from Italy, then it's Easter, then they'll do it. Can't blame the dealer, Fiat really do need to get some spares into the UK, it seems like every spare part has to be ordered from Fiat Italy at the moment. Nice car, but spares policy not good enough Fiat

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
So, changing 4 injectors and the fuel lines didn't fix it. Now they're changing the Common Rail. I have to say so far the dealer has been fantastic but Fiat in Italy are just throwing money at the problem.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
3 months, several loan cars and thousands of pounds (Fiat not me) later we seem to have fixed the problem. Within the Common Rail sits a High Pressure Fuel Sensor which was misreading the temperature somewhere. A whole new Common Rail APPEARS to have fixed it. Just for once I'm hoping for a frost tomorrow morning so that I can properly test it from cold, but at the moment it drives delightfully.

:)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts