Fiat 500x Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have noise from the drivetrain on my February 2017 500X. It makes a clunking noise when you accelerate after coasting. It is not present below 25mph and is loudest between 30-40 mph. The road and engine noise drowns it out after this speed. It's not when it's changing gears, the gear change is reasonably smooth. After 13 visits to the dealers replacement of all of the engine and gearbox mounts and two new driveshafts Fiat are saying it's normal. This is despite it not having the noise when new and it stopping for a couple of hundred miles after the driveshaft replacement. I am desperate for some feedback to be able to dispute their 'it's normal' claim.

Does anyone have any ideas of just confirmation that theirs doesn't make a noise, I have driven three others that were fine but this doesn't seem to be relevant to Fiat.
Next step is motoring ombudsman unfortunately

·
Registered
10 Posts
I have a Cross Plus 2.0 auto 4x4.
It is 2016 (16) with 16700 mileage.

I do not have any noise like this at all, so definitely not 'normal'.

·
Registered
147 Posts
Just a thought, the 500X shares much of it's underpinings with the Jeep Renegade so it might be worth a nose over the Jeep forums too. Engine might differ but the transfer/Haldex unit would be the same.

Certainly the front brake issue a number of us early car owners had was also found on the Jeep, hence leading to a quick resolution of fitting new calipers.

Hewesy

·
Registered
147 Posts
Oh, and do you get this with the car in "auto" mode for the 4x4? Can you put it into 2wd only mode and see if you get the same noise? Presuming the mood selector allows for that of course (not driven a 4wd).

Hewesy

·
Registered
77 Posts
To be honest I think I would have started a rejection process off. After than many attempts to fix a brand new car I think you've been fair.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.