Fiat 500x Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have since may brand new 500x 1.4 pop star and now i hate it. i think i made a big mistake to change my giulietta. Since first day this 500x gives problems.Dashbord has scratch when it came out the showroom (they took picture) but nothing heard since we got the car,when its warm Squealing brake noise since day one(fiat knows this) told drive few days coz car is new done 7500 miles still making noise,acceleration pedal sometimes stuck when you put foot down,sometimes lacking power,really bad mpg,wind noise from driver side window 65-70mph,worse one seats and door cardborads discolored(they say wear and tear in 3 mons),Touchscreen freeze,sometimes rattle noise from tochscreen but when you push it it stops, touchscreen and led screen shows different instent info,while you driveing clunk noise when you accelerate,under bonnet one rubber(which has strange name) looks like melted,radio has bad reception . long distance seats are not good on pop star but city is ok.Steering is so light nearly difficult to cruise on motorway especially windy weather.
Worse part
Took the car to fiat service and told all problems and they said "WE CHANGED THE RUBBER AND RESET THE RADIO AND THEY DIDNT SEE ANY OTHER PROBLEMS" They gave the car back after 4 days and guess .. and we still have all other problems,still squealing brake noise all cardboard red leather discolored and looks like bubbled.
:mad::mad::mad::mad:

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!

·
Registered
91 Posts
Can you tell us which dealership you purchased this car from?

You may need to arrange an independent inspection, possibly the AA or RAC and then present your findings in writing with action points and time frames. If still not satisfied then you need to contact customer services at Fiat and explain your position but detail your rights as a consumer and demand action. You could also shame the dealership by righting to one of the weekly car mags asking for advice on their help pages.

I'm sorry your having these problems but your not alone. My own car is going back in for a fourth attempt to fix an intermittent airbag fault!

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Can you tell us which dealership you purchased this car from?

You may need to arrange an independent inspection, possibly the AA or RAC and then present your findings in writing with action points and time frames. If still not satisfied then you need to contact customer services at Fiat and explain your position but detail your rights as a consumer and demand action. You could also shame the dealership by righting to one of the weekly car mags asking for advice on their help pages.

I'm sorry your having these problems but your not alone. My own car is going back in for a fourth attempt to fix an intermittent airbag fault!
Hello there
First i would like to say sorry about my language..We bought from blackburn which is fiat dealer.we told the problems since 1st day and they kept the car 4 days nothing happen and they looked at me like i am telling lie about the noise/s..But when i search and asked some people here and in my country i found brakes are reported before and Fiat changed first few 1000 car but now they say maybe some missing becuse they want to sell fast. Sorry but i have no patience as much as your. i record the brake noise and i ll give the key back to them.i think main problem is car is new on road and most of the service staff doesnt know what they doing.i ll use all my right car ,i didnt buy this car to go service everymonth or is this right fiat mean is Fix It Again Tomorrow..

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!

·
Registered
91 Posts
Hi cemmy074

I understand your frustration and I agree that the reason for this poor support is intact the service staff most likely are not familiar with the potential problems with this particular car. You are however, going to find it very difficult just to drop the keys off and walk away, just like us, garages also have a legal stand in that they must be given reasonable opportunity to fix the problems. Again your case will be stronger if you arrange an independent review, even just stating this to the dealer maybe all that's needed for them to "get the finger out" and sort out your concerns.

Keep a cool head, put in writing your concerns with the car and resolves expected with time scales.

This will strengthen your case if you need to take it to the next level.

Good luck

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Hi cemmy074

I understand your frustration and I agree that the reason for this poor support is intact the service staff most likely are not familiar with the potential problems with this particular car. You are however, going to find it very difficult just to drop the keys off and walk away, just like us, garages also have a legal stand in that they must be given reasonable opportunity to fix the problems. Again your case will be stronger if you arrange an independent review, even just stating this to the dealer maybe all that's needed for them to "get the finger out" and sort out your concerns.

Keep a cool head, put in writing your concerns with the car and resolves expected with time scales.

This will strengthen your case if you need to take it to the next level.

Good luck
Thank you..I have 3 way to sort this repair,replacement or give back. i took for service they didn't fix. if i have these problems what reason i need to get another 500x.The last way is give back. driving this car embarrassing. when i say noise from breaks its really loud squealing brake noise. i know what they are saying ..FIAT.. its bad for fiat's name too but i told the seller day one. and they said car is new its normal drive little bit harsh . visit them again when car was 80/400/7300 miles still noise is there.And worse part is FIAT known this problem ..
will see what ll happen but this is enough .you see on this video ,,,
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fMMutXUk-SA
Best Regards

·
Registered
15 Posts
Sorry to hear about your troubles. I'll try to compare with my 500X 1.6 Lounge.

I never had any brake noise. But I do have wind noise, probably from the exterior mirrors and I've been told that many others have this noise at high speeds.

I don't have a problem with the pedals, never got stuck or anything else. The 1.6 is nice and powerful and always has power at the right gear. I also have great mpg (rest of Europe uses the other calculating method, so mine says 6 L/100km average).

I did find a small defect with the rear spoiler, which seems to vibrate at high speeds, probably something easy to fix but I haven't looked at it so far.

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Before 500x came out, they found that brake noise fault and they try to sort before goes to market but probably they missed some. Finally after few visit the service they heard the noises.But what i don't understand how they didn't hear 2 weeks ago when they kept the car 4 days or why they didn't looked proper when we report day one. And now i am waiting fiat inspector for check the car again this and for the other faults but what they don't understand these problems not coming out for 10 mins drive.
And now we have another problem ,high rev when you start(anytime and any weather condition)
I can understand every car has some minor problem but not this much.
the worse part is staff who works in blackburn fiat . when i report the noise one of the manager looked at me like we are telling lie.
Anyway we will see what fiat inspector will tell on tuesday(if they come).
I didn't buy a brand new car for visit to service everyweek.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Please ensure you open a case with Fiat customer services for all your issues, formally log all the problems and retain the case numbers they give you.
The car is too good to give up on up on, Despite what some people may say Fiat will put pressure on your service garage and will want to know what's happening.

Just as a point if it helps you don't need to get the selling dealership to fix your issues, any main dealer can deal with the warranty work.
If you are not happy and don't feel they are working to fix go else where.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Sorry to hear about your troubles. I'll try to compare with my 500X 1.6 Lounge.

I never had any brake noise. But I do have wind noise, probably from the exterior mirrors and I've been told that many others have this noise at high speeds.

I don't have a problem with the pedals, never got stuck or anything else. The 1.6 is nice and powerful and always has power at the right gear. I also have great mpg (rest of Europe uses the other calculating method, so mine says 6 L/100km average).

I did find a small defect with the rear spoiler, which seems to vibrate at high speeds, probably something easy to fix but I haven't looked at it so far.
The mirrors do seem quite large and I reckon will contribute to the wind noise.

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
1 - 14 of 14 Posts