Fiat 500x Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Had my car a month and didn't realise it worked completely on auto. I was always operating the switch to engage the handbrake. It was pointed out to me that if I went into settings then brakes I could set auto brake to on!. Now it comes on as soon as I switch off the car! Brilliant!馃憤

Registered
The auto hand brake is a bit "slow" in my car.

For example, once I stop, turn off the car and exit, the auto brake is still "working", thus the car rolls a little bit before it actually holds still. Freaked me out a few times before I got used to it.

Also, once it auto engages, it allows you to just enter the car and drive off, because once the car feels a the engine power it automatically disengages the hand brake. Sounds great in theory, but once every ten times, it doesn't disengage automatically, so I'm stuck trying to take off with the hand brake on.

A friend has a Hyundai qashqai, with a similar auto hand brake, but his is 10x faster to engage and disengage and never forgets to come off.

Registered
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
As soon as I turn the key off and with my foot on the brake the auto brake comes on and I feel the pedal move and the handbrake light comes on.takes about 1-2 seconds. By the time I take the seatbelt off and open the door it's done.

Registered
yep my handbrake seems to be working ok
i didnt think id get on with an electric handbrake but i really like it.
im the same, it takes 1-2 seconds to come on.

its the boot opening that seems slugginsh on mine, theres a good 2 second delay once youve pressed the operner.

Registered
I think it is standard, need to check the book. Mine had auto on when engine off switched off originally, I enabled it via UConnect a few weeks back. The hill hold was on though, presumably that's a default that cannot be switched off?

It takes a second or so after engine power off to engage though, jsut need your foot on the brakes till you hear the motor whir.

I'm another convert to electric handbrakes, big fan and I find the hill hold a pleasure too - though I don't think it's as sensitive to a few degrees elevation as Fiat reckon... Mine needs quite an obvious slope before it kicks in.

Registered
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
It comes on when the ignition is switched off. Comes off when you pull away. When stopped at traffic lights etc if on the flat it stays off so you either pull up the switch or leave your foot on the brake. If stopped on a slope the hill hold stops the car from rolling forward or backward as long as you keep your foot on the brake so when you pull away there is no roll back while you use the clutch.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.