Fiat 500x Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I suspect we're about to see a load of claims into car rental firms soon. If you've ever been charged for a car hire repair, read this:

The findings, from a Daily Mail investigation, have been passed to trading standards officers, who are already probing Europcar in the UK over claims it overcharged customers for repairs.
The firm said the case could cost it £30million in compensation and legal fees.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-4744888/Car-rental-firms-don-t-repairs-pay-for.html

·
Registered
77 Posts
I've rented multiple cars in my life. Do a quick walk around the car and write down every scratch on the paper they provide you. Takes 3-5 minutes

·
Registered
147 Posts
I'd agree with Chestnut, always insist on a proper walk around with the rep and proactively point out scratches etc too if you find any.

That said, I tend to find if you pay the small amount of damage waiver they tend to be a lot more generous (not that I've ever hit anything in a hire car but it reduces the pain).

I can see why some damage is not repaired, however the big question is why charge if it won't be repaired? Makes more sense to charge a fixed price for damage found but not repaired.

Hewesy

1 - 3 of 3 Posts