Fiat 500x Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
How can I check the Brake Control Option in myFiat 500X ?

I don't think it's working properly.Anyone experience with this Brake Control ?Edited by: postbantania

·
Registered
15 Posts
Mine has it and its working great. One of the best technological features that I've seen for quite a long time.

Basically, there is an option under the configuration parameters, which allows you to set the distance/sensitivity of the radar. When I set it to low, it feels like the system is not working at all. I think it works best when its set to high.

The only issue that I've found, is that the warning beep does not first lower the radio volume, so sometimes it goes unnoticed!!! other features (like the blind spot assist) always lower the radio volume.

The way to test it, is to get close to a car that is slowing down, while you are speeding. The system should immediately display "!BRAKE!" on the mini-LCD screen and make lots of beeps. Eventually it engages the brakes on its own, unless you steer away from the slow car.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
It's only werking when you are spoedig close to a car that is sloping down ?
I've setup the Brake Control distance into "far" but it Sems to have no effect.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
It's only werking when you are spoedig close to a car that is sloping down ?
I've setup the Brake Control distance into "far" but it seems to have No effect.

·
Registered
645 Posts
To test it I wouldn't recommend on a live road with a car in front.
Perhaps stack a box or a wheelie bin in your road and drive towards it to see what happens. The system, which works at all speeds between 3mph and 18mph.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Ha Postbantania, wij hebben ook ervaren dathet systeem voor geen meter werkt. Hoe kan ik buiten dit forum om met jou in contact treden?

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Beste,

Toevallig heb ik vorige week eindelijk mogen constateren dat het active brake system werkt. Tijdens autorit op snelweg greep het systeem in toen ik achterop een langzaam rijdende auto dreigde aan te rijden. Dit was de eerste keer in bijna anderhalf jaar dat ik de aut bezit. Daarvoor was er alleen af en toe een akoestisch signaal bij nadering van voor mij een afslaande auto.

·
Registered
75 Posts
Beste,

Toevallig heb ik vorige week eindelijk mogen constateren dat het active brake system werkt. Tijdens autorit op snelweg greep het systeem in toen ik achterop een langzaam rijdende auto dreigde aan te rijden. Dit was de eerste keer in bijna anderhalf jaar dat ik de aut bezit. Daarvoor was er alleen af en toe een akoestisch signaal bij nadering van voor mij een afslaande auto.
That's good to hear that the system is working fine for you.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts