Fiat 500x Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I thought I would start a new thead where people can ask questions that might be daft or the answer is obvious....

My petrol flap doesn't lock, is it supposed to? does yours?

·
Registered
56 Posts
I thought I would start a new thead where people can ask questions that might be daft or the answer is obvious....

My petrol flap doesn't lock, is it supposed to? does yours?
Mine doesn't, can't see how it would. Odd really as most do these days

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Mine doesn't, can't see how it would. Odd really as most do these days
there is a black plastic post on the left hand side, which could be used? its a bit disconcerting that not only does the flap not lock, but there is no cover on the nozzle either, normally one of them locks???

·
Registered
56 Posts
there is a black plastic post on the left hand side, which could be used? its a bit disconcerting that not only does the flap not lock, but there is no cover on the nozzle either, normally one of them locks???
You would think so. Most unusual for no lock on either

·
Registered
16 Posts
Hi, 500X fuel cap / flap does not lock. I was told that the fuel tank cannot be accessed without the correct sized nozzle being inserted, have a look and you will see a mechanism sealing off the hole. This is why you have a special fuel tank access pipe in the emergency kit. Doesn't stop anyone being able to syphon the fuel tank using a similar pipe!

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Hi, 500X fuel cap / flap does not lock. I was told that the fuel tank cannot be accessed without the correct sized nozzle being inserted, have a look and you will see a mechanism sealing off the hole. This is why you have a special fuel tank access pipe in the emergency kit. Doesn't stop anyone being able to syphon the fuel tank using a similar pipe!
I believe there are anti syphon measures built into the tube, but something which locks the flap would give piece of mind. whats to stop anyone putting something into the tank, I don't really know how the cover on the nozzle works:confused:

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
My next question: Im pretty sure my TPMS isn't working, here is a photo with the car running, are there supposed to be tyre pressures next to the wheels?

Attachments

·
Registered
91 Posts
Looks normal if tyre presure drops then it will display on which wheel. I recently punctured the front near side and an orange light appeared on dash, tmps warning appeared on main screen and on mobile app. After repair you need to reset the system.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Looks normal if tyre presure drops then it will display on which wheel. I recently punctured the front near side and an orange light appeared on dash, tmps warning appeared on main screen and on mobile app. After repair you need to reset the system.
I thought the numbers should be there all the time, telling me what the tyre pressures are? I have attached a screenshot from the TPMS video on youtube.
I think I will go out and let air out of one of my tyres to see what happens.

Attachments

·
Registered
56 Posts
I'm pretty sure the TPMS doesn't ever display actual pressures, just alerts you when one or more drops. For this reason it should be reset every time you inflate your tyres with routine maintenance etc

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I'm pretty sure the TPMS doesn't ever display actual pressures, just alerts you when one or more drops. For this reason it should be reset every time you inflate your tyres with routine maintenance etc
I think your right, just looking the the handbook, its an indirect system based on the speed sensors not valve sensors, so there will be no reading until a pressure drops and has been driven on for the sensor to pick it up. the youtube video is for a direct system probably installed in the US.

·
Registered
102 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
The hand book shows all models having the brake fluid res at the back of the engine bay, just behind the back left corner of the battery. My 500X is in the garage for a repair to where a nice lady decided to drive into my door so I can't check it. Hope this helps.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Where's the interior fuse box?
Manual says there's one in the engine bay. Check.
One in the luggage compartment. Check.
One under the speedometer to the left of the steering wheel...nothing there, or at least nothing visible unless I start to remove the dashboard?
I'd like to hardwire a dashcam but can't find any access point.

Also regarding TPMS, when I had a BMW it seemed to be country dependant. The U.K. Only alarmed when the tyre was losing pressure whilst US cars displayed the actual pressure.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Mine a 2015, has one behind the glove box, the tow bar fitter showed me where it was. O the glove box has to come out. What idiot designed that then?

1 - 18 of 18 Posts