Fiat 500x Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
I've got one, the cable is very easy to tuck away behind dash and panels - it's not hard wired in (yet), just hidden the cable till it pops out beside the *** lighter where I have a usb connection.

·
Registered
10 Posts
I've got one, the cable is very easy to tuck away behind dash and panels - it's not hard wired in (yet), just hidden the cable till it pops out beside the *** lighter where I have a usb connection.
I'd be interested to see how you get on with hardwiring. I was looking to fit a piggy back fuse but the fuse box in the cabin isn't easily accessible, so that left the box under the bonnet.
I filed that under "too hard" for the moment but will have another look sometime. I'm using the lighter socket with no problems. I might just hardwire off the back of this.

·
Registered
19 Posts
I have one, sits nicely ahead of the mirror so doesn't obstruct my view, and the cable is easily tucked behind the windscreen trim and under the glovebox. Not hardwired yet, but I don't really need the powersocket for anything else.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Oh, and if your hardwiring make sure your existing plug doesn't have a resistor in it if you cut it off. There's a pretty good. chance that the camera doesn't run on anything near 12 volts.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts