Fiat 500x Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Buckled dash , felt very hot to touch ! Informed about a recall due to defective parts on SOME models by the receptionist at dealers. I have 15 plate , if you notice any damage to your dashboard consol get to your dealer straight away . Told that there is no risk of fire but as these are new cars on the road don't want to be put into a Vauxall Zafira situation . I have been reassured that the car will be repaired ( resin applied to liner and reattached ) so am trusting fiat to sort it .

·
Registered
16 Posts
That does sound like a potential hazard. What are they doing about the dash? I assume it will have to be a new one?

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hi , car in for repair next week , not sure if replacement or repair due to resin ???? I want a decent job otherwise I am pushing for a replacement . Will keep everyone informed .

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Hi , car in for repair next week , not sure if replacement or repair due to resin ???? I want a decent job otherwise I am pushing for a replacement . Will keep everyone informed .
Just to keep everyone up to speed . My dash repaired last week finally . Screen heater liner replaced and secured ( was loose due to not being bolted in when manufacturing took place ) resin applied to split and so far it's ok . Fiat are aware of this problem so if you have any concerns go to dealership a sap .

1 - 5 of 5 Posts