Fiat 500x Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have had a 500x since June and for the first few weeks everything ok .First thing I noticed was a little rattle while driving in low gear / speed I thought at first that it was pinking so ignored it but it has got worse over time . I'm not sure if the other noise I identified is linked or separate but when driving at around 45/50 miles a buzzing noise starts and will stop if I increase or decrease in speed . I now have a warped dashboard where the two pieces join just above the infotainment screen . I'm guessing it's from the screen heater . Has anyone else experienced any of these problems ?

·
Registered
20 Posts
Welcome along, sorry to hear about your issues. Obviously the first point of call is your dealers but let us know where the rattle or buzzing sounds are coming from and we'll see if we can assist.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thank you . Taking car to dealership tomorrow hopefully will be sorted soon . I can't fault the car it really is a head turner and I enjoy driving it so fingers crossed it will be as good as new very soon .

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Hi , yes it's the 1.4 pop star version. Purchased in June last yr I had one of the launch models. Took car to dealers to have a technition look at it and was told by the receptionist that Fiat have put out a recall ... Don't get too excited though it's only on defective models... The windscreen heater liner is defective her words and needs to be repaired by using a resin to secure it . The liner is loose so they think that this is also causing the noises I have been hearing . Over to them now work due to be carried out on the 24th . Hope this is the end of the trouble otherwise I'm pushing for a replacement !

·
Registered
102 Posts
little late maybe but theyare saying defective model.. it is bulls--t. which is built before june 2015 all of them gives problem.my old 1.4 has giving same problem.was shaking low gear and honestly it is difficult to drive in busy&slow traffic. if you see my old posts about the problems after 6 month dealer decide to swap like to like which i never wanted another 500x buit other than i needed to pay nearly 5k if i wanted to leave the contract. Anyway they swapped with 1.6 diesel one with few extras, just happy with mpg other than this is same gave some problems and probably it ll give more on future.. never fiat again.
i hope they sort your problem/s

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!

·
Registered
10 Posts
I've seen pictures on the forum of another 500x with the dashboard coming away. Must be a common fault and one to look out for.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts