Fiat 500x Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm waiting in anticipation for my new Fiat 500X Lounge to be delivered and have been reading the manual, but there's one feature confuses me...does anyone know what the parking brake Dynamic Operating Mode does?

The Owners Manual says: "The electric parking brake may operate as follows: Dynamic Operating Mode - activated by pulling the switch repeatedly whilst driving."

It does not explain what this mode does, and I've searched Google and can find no references to it.

The other modes also described all make sense: Static engagement & release / Drive away release / Safe hold / Auto Apply.

Many thanks.

·
Registered
19 Posts
"Dynamic" would indicate that the car will be moving, I know cars always needed another means of braking in an emergency in the case of a hydraulic failure, so I'd say that the dynamic operating mode will be to stop or slow the car in the case of an emergency or footbrake/hydraulic failure.

·
Registered
10 Posts
"Dynamic" would indicate that the car will be moving, I know cars always needed another means of braking in an emergency in the case of a hydraulic failure, so I'd say that the dynamic operating mode will be to stop or slow the car in the case of an emergency or footbrake/hydraulic failure.
I'd agree with that if it wasn't for the mention of repeatedly pulling the switch.
My experience of an electric handbrake is pulling it on will cause lots of beeping, followed by a slight application of the brakes and then BANG!! - emergency stop.
Might want to try it on a quiet road rather than a motorway >:)

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
That sound reasonable, so it is probably a way of activating the EPB in an emergency while moving, which prevents the wheels locking up. I'll have to try it when I get the car!

·
Registered
25 Posts
Strange - in the VW I had before it meant something different. The dynamic automatic brake release lets you drive off without first having to release the parking brake. It's also very helpful in hill starts.

·
Registered
147 Posts
I think the ability to disengage whilst pulling away is standard, not seen an option to enable/disable that.

The option to have it automatically come on at engine off is an option in UCONNECT.

Dynamic mode has me foxed too, if anyone knows or finds out...

Hewesy

1 - 7 of 7 Posts