Fiat 500x Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, I have had my 500X 1.6 multijet lounge for over six months and the only problem I have ( apart from catching the pass side wing mirror on the wall the morning after I brought it home! ) is that sometimes when I lift my foot off the accelerator, instead of slowing down, the car carries on and sometimes seems to speed up slightly. It can even go up slight inclines. A bit disconcerting.
Has anyone else had this problem? It went in for a software update the other week and I hoped it might fix it, but no.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
No, it just seems to be intermittent but very disconcerting when it does it. I don't know if anyone else has had this experience.

·
Registered
147 Posts
Odd question but do you have floor mats or does the carpet need a hoover?

I've had issues in other cars with a dirty sensor causing this, might be worth a clean to retry?

Hewesy

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Checked carpets and floor, all clear. As with a recent post I am up to date with updates but still happens on occasions. Just over 12 months old and had the problem since new.

·
Registered
147 Posts
Time to head back to the garage then for a test - do you use cruise control a lot by chance?

Hewesy

1 - 7 of 7 Posts