Fiat 500x Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Idiot in Ford Kuga decided he wanted to drive over my side of the road yesterday and wacked my mirror with his. It bent back and had a nasty scrape which I've buffed out, but the indicator repeater lens is cracked. New one on order, anyone an idea how to access and replace it?

Been advised to remove the actual mirror which will then show where the removal tabs are.

Had to replace a mirror on the 147 a while ago and that was hard work due to it being corroded, this one should be a cinch!

·
Registered
147 Posts
Boo! That's not good.

Check the manual - I'm sure it tells you how to change the bulb in the indicator glass which is essentially the same process as replacing from memory.

Hewesy

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Yes, its a prize the mirror cap off job (they suggest taking it to your Dealer in the manual..)! I've bought some plastic trim removers off eBay so I don't damage the cover.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Job done, my local Dealer very kindly gave me a second-hand whole mirror assembly after someone came in for a new one having caught it on a wall. Whilst the actual assembly has a crack on it, it gave me a donor to work out where to lever off the shell. I first removed the mirror and had I not had a donor one should it have broken ( it takes a lot of force to get it off) I may have given up. Anyway got the mirror off and you can then push up the clips that locate the top of the mirror shell. The bottom ones are a little more awkward but again, having a disassembled one to look at really helped. I then got the indicator lens off and fitted it on mine.

So whilst the donor mirror stem is cracked, I have a spare motor, mirror and grey mirror shell should anyone need one...!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts