Fiat 500x Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Thought it might be useful to capture the issues we've had just in case anyone else has them to.

Ours is one of the early cars, version 0 according to Fiat.

So far...

Had the air con pipe re-routed in the engine bay as it was vibrating on the bulkhead (this lead to a recall I believe )

New front brakes to remove grinding noise (modified pads)

Waiting on new exhaust brackets as the exhaust is bumping on the rear subframe over rough(ish) roads, sleeping policemen etc

Fingers crossed after this all is good...!

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks mate, yes the brake issue is known - seems the modified pads cure it but I'll give it a few more weeks to bed in fully before I commit fully!

·
Registered
55 Posts
I've noticed a couple of "bong" type sounds from the back when I've gone over some ramps....not sure if it is worth worrying about till service time?

·
Registered
102 Posts
Thanks mate, yes the brake issue is known - seems the modified pads cure it but I'll give it a few more weeks to bed in fully before I commit fully!

i compare 2 brand new 500x mine is making noise when its warm other s not. when i chat with some tech he said fiat known this problem before sale and they told a company to fix maybe some missing to fix, sometimes they can't find with vin number just try to record it like i done and put on youtube.. fiat 500x brake noise..
Good luck

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I've noticed a couple of "bong" type sounds from the back when I've gone over some ramps....not sure if it is worth worrying about till service time?
Sounds like the same issue, it was annoying me so I decided to get it looked at rather than wait. Mine does it quite a bit.

Up to you whether to wait but modified brackets available.

·
Registered
645 Posts

·
Registered
102 Posts
nope.. i took the garage 7 times and stayed there around 20 days .they said brakes are fine and wait fiat tech who is working in fiat uk he came and he checked in the end he heard the noise(i think it is lie because they heard after i show the video) and now waiting the part (2 weeks nothing heard) i told them in first day about the brakes but they just said everything is ok.. brakes makes noise when gets warm and now is worse than before.To be honest i lost all interest about this car.Don't take your car before brakes get warm because they r only driving 2 mile or not and in that time it won't make noise.And fiat knows this problem but they have only some vin numbers for it might be yours won't show because of that make a video or make the brakes warm before go.. Good luck

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Odd, mine was diagnosed on one day, pads delivered and repaired the next. It was the exhaust bracket that took 10 days to come (it's in now having that fitted).

The new pads, so far, have cured the noise though mine did occur after about 1000 miles or so, guess I need to do the same and fully bed in before pronouncing a success. Nice not to have the grinding noise at present though!

Mine did it cold or at temp, odd yours is only one extreme?

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Hmm, squeaks are common on pads now, usually due to fact pads don't have asbestos in them now. Grinding is the issue I had.

The law has changed on returning cars, as I'm sure you are aware, so if it comes to it you should have an easier ride.

·
Registered
102 Posts
last few days my wife was driving the car because i had a broken collar bone,she was saying brake pedal is spongy and making strange noise now more than squeaks. last night i go out with her and found brakes making grinding noise when they get warm(5-10 mins drive) still makes squeaks but worse part is anytime when use the brakes it gives like suspension noise.we report this squeaky noise since day one but they just told drive hard don't threat like baby . and last month Fiat tech(from fiat uk) he checked and he told yes breaks are squeaky after 5 month someone agree with us. to be honest i ll force all way to get rid of this car gave us lots of stress.and i think they replace your pads next day.they ordered ours 3 weeks ago still nothing heard..

·
Registered
102 Posts
And maybe sound like picky or fussy.is your 500x makes whining noise when you reverse? and do you believe last 3 days fiat care uk try to contact with dealer but dealer didn't turn back to them?it must be joke.. and they r good for me to throw to key to them because i won't be a guinea pig anymore paying for this scrap car..really bad experience with this car..

1 - 14 of 14 Posts