Fiat 500x Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Good Evening Everyone,
Been browsing this forum for a while after purchasing my first Fiat and have deciced to dive in with my first post!

We have a two week old (to us at least) 2016 Fiat 500x, really enjoying it so far...apart from confusion from dealers on how to get the maps updated but thats a different matter!

Today when opening the drivers door the little plastic end cap (part number 735627135) around the key hole dropped off. It seems the plastic clips have snapped and so it sort of sits on the car but not very securely.

Anyway, it seems like the keyless entry only works if this little plastic cap is attached to the handle. Upon looking round the back of the cap there is a little black rectangular block. Presumably this is some sort of electronic/magnet component? If it's specific to this particular car....does anyone know if I just replace the silver cap I can then transfer the black block over and tickety-boo?

Any help would be appreciated, many thanks and hello to everyone!

Keith

·
Registered
1 Posts
Were you able to get this resolved, Keith? I thought somebody had tried to break in the car and did this but sounds like it may just be a weak part. I'm wondering if it's as simple as replacing that cap or if the door will need to be disassembled.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I think the clips are generally a bit flimsy. In the end I didnt want to pay £25 for the part so lightly superglued it back on. I dont think the part can come off the car unless you're opening the door handle as it has a shallow lip around the edge so Im confident it cant come off whilst driving. I'm also pretty sure that little black block is just a magnet but I cant be 100% sure. If you do replace the part make sure you get the one 'with keyless entry' like the one listed below...

·
Registered
1 Posts
Were you able to get this resolved, Keith? I thought somebody had tried to break in the car and did this but sounds like it may just be a weak part. I'm wondering if it's as simple as replacing that cap or if the door will need to be disassembled.
I've been given a replacement cap for mine, not sure how its fitted did you figure it out?

·
Registered
1 Posts
Mine broke yesterday, so I'd also like to know if I can just pop on the new one when I get it. I'm guessing I'll need to transfer the little black chip? And I had to order mine. Local dealer want to charge $75usd for a new one. Which is ridiculous since its a known issue.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts