Fiat 500x Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The engine range of the new FIAT 500X in EMEA countries comprises four petrol engines and three diesels: Front-wheel drive, petrol-powered models are either equipped with a 110hp, 1.6-litre “E-torQ” engine with a five-speed manual gearbox or a 140hp, 1.4-litre Turbo MultiAir II petrol engine with either a six-speed manual or a six-speed twin-clutch transmission. All-wheel drive petrol models, which are equipped with a nine-speed automatic transmission as standard, are powered either by a 170hp, 1.4-litre Turbo MultiAir II engine or the 184hp, 2.4-litre Tigershark engine.
The front-wheel drive diesel range consists of the 95hp, 1.3-litre MultiJet II turbo diesel, equipped with a five-speed manual gearbox and the 120hp1.6-litre MultiJet II turbo diesel equipped with a six-speed manual gearbox. The four-wheel drive diesel option is the 140hp, 2.0-litre MultiJet II turbo diesel, which will be available with a six-speed manual or nine-speed automatic transmission. All engine and transmission versions will be offered in the UK, with the exception of the 2.4-litre Tigershark unit.
Designed in the Centro Stile FIAT, the new 500X is compact on the outside – measuring 4.25 metres in length (the more adventurous FIAT 500X is 2cm longer), 1.80 metres in width and 1.60 metres in height (1.61 with roof bars, 1.62 with 4WD) – while spacious and inviting on the inside, with extensive use of high-grade materials, top-quality finishes and practical storage compartments – including a spacious 350 litre luggage compartment. The seats adjust to offer a high degree of flexibility and seven different interior fabric, leather and colour configurations are available, depending on the model and exterior colour.
The FIAT 500X also stands out compared to its competitors thanks to its sophisticated 5.0- or 6.5-inch Uconnect™ colour touchscreen infotainment systems. Both systems feature Bluetooth, aux-in and USB connectivity and can be operated via steering wheel remote controls and voice commands. The five-inch Uconnect™ unit is available with TomTom 2.5D navigation while the 6.5-inch system features satellite navigation with 3D maps, progressive route guidance and ‘One Shot Voice Destination Entry' to enter addresses with voice commands. DAB and a Beats Hi-Fi system, developed in collaboration with Beats by Dr. Dre, are also available.
A new Uconnect™ Live system (UK availability TBC) also allows customers – through integration with their smartphones – to use many apps on the on-board system so that they can always be in contact with their friends on Facebook and Twitter; listen to millions of music tracks on Deezer and more than 100,000 radio stations with TuneIn; get real-time news updates from Reuters and get the latest traffic, safety camera and weather information from the TomTom Live service.

·
Registered
79 Posts
Awesome little SUV. I think It's the first time that Marchionne does something right since I started to love cars.

·
Registered
645 Posts
Yeah AWD will have a lower MPG rating, a higher tax band and will be more expensive to buy. Depends what you intend to do? Driving round town / school / shopping runs etc. then the 2WD version will be fine.

·
Registered
645 Posts
We'll not be selecting it for four wheel drive use. I just like something that's higher up for a better view out and so that we can fit the kids in and a few bags etc. for holidays and trips out.

·
Registered
645 Posts
Hi there,
I personally think you can never go wrong upgrading your Fiat 500x to 4 wheel drive. I feel that its a blessing when car companies present this option. 4 wheel drive or awd might not be something that is needed everyday or needed often, but its definitely good to have for emergencies in case you get stuck in a situation or a blizzard just happened to appear lol. Either way I feel 4x4 is worth the extra costs.
Cheers!

·
Registered
645 Posts
only1man said:
Hi there,
I personally think you can never go wrong upgrading your Fiat 500x to 4 wheel drive. I feel that its a blessing when car companies present this option. 4 wheel drive or awd might not be something that is needed everyday or needed often, but its definitely good to have for emergencies in case you get stuck in a situation or a blizzard just happened to appear lol. Either way I feel 4x4 is worth the extra costs.
Cheers!
I agree. There is an extra outlay in buying it and it will be more expensive to run - tax, fuel etc. but I think it will hold its value better and you'll get more when you come to sell it on.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts