Fiat 500x Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
645 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Assuming your heart is set on a small SUV rather than a conventional hatchback, the new 500X deserves serious consideration; it's stylish, practical, decent enough to drive and far smarter inside than any of Fiat's other models.

However, it's the cheaper versions that make the most sense, because the pricier trims and the more powerful engines push the 500X squarely into Nissan Qashqai territory – a bigger and a better all-rounder.
As long as you keep the price south of £20k, then, the 500X should most definitely be on your shortlist alongside the Kia Soul, Citroen C4 Cactus and cheaper versions of the Skoda Yeti.
- See more at: http://www.whatcar.com/car-news/fiat/500x-suv/2015-fiat-500x-review/1335389

·
Registered
13 Posts
I also feel the 500x pricing is on the higher side, compared to competitors in the same category.
On paper however, the quality and features may warrant the higher pricing of the 500x. I have yet to see the car in person so can't say definitively.
I have driven the Qashqai and didn't like the feel of the CVT nor the quality of the cabin. There are rave reviews about the car, but I just couldn't see why it was so popular. The features are great for the price, I must admit
Also for me, size of the overall car is an issue. Bigger is NOT better in my case and hence Qashqai and CX5 category of cars is not what I consider the same as what the 500x is in. People who do what a larger car and are price sensitive, probably wouldn't be looking at the 500x due to its' price and size combination.

·
Registered
645 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I agree about the QashQai cabin, I have never been a fan of Japanese interiors. I also somewhat agree about the pricing, spending over 20,000 is just too much on a car this size wearing the Fiat badge.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts