Fiat 500x Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
645 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Fiat Chrysler Automobiles (FCA) expects the Fiat 500X crossover to be even more popular in North America than the 500 city car.
According to FCA senior executives, the 500X has a very important advantage for US customers compared to the 500 – its size. It will be aimed at customers looking for a larger car than the tiny 500.
“If you look at the 500, the number one reason for rejection is the size of the vehicle. We no longer have that. Our expectations would be to outsell the 500,” Jason Stoicevich, head of Fiat in North America, was quoted as saying by Reuters at the Los Angeles Auto Show.
Do you think it will outsell the mini 500 in other markets such as the UK or Europe as well?

·
Registered
645 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Its a good point, the 500 does well over here and I can see why they need it in the ancient cities of Europe but the crossover sector is booming, I think it will give it a run for its money and might become more popular in the UK too.

·
Registered
645 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
FIAT are right, and I too believe this will outsell the standard 500 in US, but also in many other countries.I was a bit dubious of the companies brand strategy, focusing too heavily on the 500 brand, especially after the bloated 500L this 500X looks pretty classy.

·
Registered
645 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
It remains to be seen whether the 500X will enjoy success in the U.S., where the Jeep Renegade Jeep Renegade is likely the more popular option, but the crossover has a lot of potential in Europe.

·
Registered
10 Posts
I think they are aimed at those that really want off-road capabilities (Jeep Renegade) and those that will mainly use them round town and occasional camping trips (500x).

1 - 5 of 5 Posts