Fiat 500x Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
645 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The 500X has the widest engine and transmission range within Fiat's lineup because it will be sold in more countries than any other Fiat. The crossover will be available in 100 global markets by year-end, including the U.S. where Fiat expects it to outsell the retro-styled 500 three-door hatchback. Buyers of the 500X have a choice of seven gasoline engines, three diesels, four transmissions and the option of a front-wheel- or four-wheel-drive configuration, depending on the market.
The crossover and its more rugged-looking sibling, the Jeep Renegade, are built on the first architecture jointly developed by Fiat and Chrysler. The company has an annual capacity of 320,000 for the two models at its plant in Melfi, central Italy. The 500X “represents the beginning of a new growth phase” for Fiat Chrysler, CEO Sergio Marchionne said.
http://europe.autonews.com/article/20150213/ANE/150219912/fiat-goes-global-with-500x

·
Registered
645 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
I wonder if future Fiats will all be built to be sold globally instead of just Europe or local markets like Italy.

·
Registered
645 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Humphries said:
I wonder if future Fiats will all be built to be sold globally instead of just Europe or local markets like Italy.
I think so, that's how most car companies are doing it these days.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts