Fiat 500x Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
645 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A Lexus runs like a clock and a Fiats still have to visit the dealer regularly, according to Consumer Reports' annual reliability survey
Dodge, Jeep, Ram and Fiat occupy the bottom for places on the brand rankings, the aforementioned Fiat 500L takes the bottom spot. The 2014 Jeep Cherokee was singled out for its 9-speed automatic problems, and the UConnect system was also cited as a sore reliability point. And not that Fiat's quality has typically been laudable in these kinds of surveys, but could the rapid rollout of Fiat-engineered Chrysler products over the last couple years exacerbated this issue?
What are your thoughts?

·
Registered
645 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Yeah, FIAT has been known for the poor quality of some of its models in Europe for years and, unfortunately, its related brands (Alfa Romeo, Lancia, Iveco, and even Maseratti and Ferrari if we look carefully) suffer from the same too.

·
Registered
645 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Hopefully the 2016 500x models will have better build quality. The thing is, the design of the 500x looks of quality and hardiness so they just need to apply the look to better quality materials only then will the fiat become a beast!

·
Registered
14 Posts
Every car I've considered over recent years seems to be dogged with reliability concerns.Renault Scenic - Reputations tend to stick, but previously owned an RX4 for about 8 years and found it acceptable. Diesel pump and steering rack being the only significant issues later in its life (10 years old when we got rid of it)Citreon - Was warned off by a colleague, but bought one anyway from new. Been ok. battery failed, and slight concern about DPF - but I think thats down to change in driving habits (was lots of M/way miles and now town)The one that got me was Nissan. Good reputation, but after looking into the new Quashqi and getting rave reviews from the press, the owner reviews tend to regret buying due to rattles, electrical failures etc.Had a Fiat500 for 6 years and has been the best of the bunch yet. Exhaust back box, a few bulbs, washer jets (under warranty), tyres, and one incident of the brake light switch sticking on etc in 75'000miles.
I think Fiat have really raised their game with the 500, so disappointed to hear 500L seems to have not followed suit.
Hopeful the 500x is back on form.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts