Fiat 500x Forums banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just had my first service on the 500X for the princely sum of... £52.80.

I've only done 8.5k miles and the dealer advises the oil has a life of 20k or 2 years (ish). Spark plugs are platinum plated so will be 5-6 years I guess.

Great not to have a big bill for a change (having had a service, cambelt and water pump change plus console bushes on the other car) but no doubt be a shock next year when it needs oil and brake fluid (I guess that's 2 year intervals?).

Hewesy

·
Registered
16 Posts
Just had my first service on the 500X for the princely sum of... £52.80.

I've only done 8.5k miles and the dealer advises the oil has a life of 20k or 2 years (ish). Spark plugs are platinum plated so will be 5-6 years I guess.

Great not to have a big bill for a change (having had a service, cambelt and water pump change plus console bushes on the other car) but no doubt be a shock next year when it needs oil and brake fluid (I guess that's 2 year intervals?).

Hewesy
To be honest I would want the oil changing at least every 12 months regardless. Im likely to do around 6.5 to 7k in my first year.

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
You might get one with under 7k or so miles, I'm within the band where they expect the oil to last the duration.

I was surprised but happy to go with it - apparently if the car decides an oil change is needed before the next service it will tell me on the dash(!).

Hewesy

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Indeed!

I guess it's basically an hour's labour, they did a road test, ran diagnostics, ensured the software was up to date and then ran through the basic checks, fluids etc.

Topped up oil...

It was in for a warranty recall (another rattle) at the same time so was worthwhile.

Not much really but stamps the book!

Hewesy

·
Registered
57 Posts
Just had first service, £77.10. Must be cos they sell Abarths as well!
I queried it and was told it was actually only 0.75 of an hour. Cost me nothing as Motorpoint (bought 2nd hand) agreed to pay and I also managed to get a 'damaged' centre air vent replaced too under warranty.
Anyone else noticed it seem to have lost the flat spot but uses more petrol?

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Not sure I noted a flat spot on mine - the fuel economy actaually seems better but that might be down to it rolling over 10k and probably loosening up.

Whereabouts in the rev band was the flat spot, which engine?

Hewesy

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Ah I know what you mean. I always thought that was me as it doesn't happen when the wife drives...!

Sometimes it happens, sometimes it doesn't, especially if I'm doing a lot of stop/start in heavy traffic. Hmm, got me thinking now...

Hewesy

·
Registered
57 Posts
Just a heads-up: before first service average 43 mpg, post first service and software update, average mpg 38. I've suggested to the Dealer they sort it out, I've run 3 tanks of fuel through since the service and it has made no difference to the average mpg and same roads, same journeys.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Interesting point, what was the software update supposed to do?

Seemed to smooth out the flat spot I noticed just on pick up when in first gear. When I asked the finer points of what the update was about to the service team no-one knew... anyway car is in tomorrow for a few days, they said they may call in the Fiat Regional guy if they can't sort it. Done 800 miles since the software update at worse mpg so they can't say I did not give it a chance!

·
Registered
57 Posts
Seemed to smooth out the flat spot I noticed just on pick up when in first gear. When I asked the finer points of what the update was about to the service team no-one knew... anyway car is in tomorrow for a few days, they said they may call in the Fiat Regional guy if they can't sort it. Done 800 miles since the software update at worse mpg so they can't say I did not give it a chance!

Muppets, left them the car for 2 days, they sent the data to Fiat who said 'all is fine' and the software update would set the car back to zero and it will take time to adapt to my driving, plus the weather is colder now.

I pointed out the car had done 800 miles since the software update and that the mpg had dropped back in Sept (still warm weather) straight after the update and if anything it should be better now 800 miles on and nearly hitting 10K total mileage.

Gonna ring/email Fiat Customer Service direct and see what they say too. Over the last week the engine seems less flexible than pre update too....

·
Registered
56 Posts
Car booked in for second service next week. Garage just phoned me to tell me they were doing Recall 6025 at the same time. Girl thought it might be a software update. 2.0 multijet Auto, 4x4 variant. Any clues anyone?

·
Registered
57 Posts
Can't help you on the update. However heard back from Fiat CS who say once the weather warms up they will look at my issue again: they say as it is cold now consumption will suffer. have to say never noticed this on other cars which I ran all year round.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Just a heads-up: before first service average 43 mpg, post first service and software update, average mpg 38. I've suggested to the Dealer they sort it out, I've run 3 tanks of fuel through since the service and it has made no difference to the average mpg and same roads, same journeys.
As per my previous post, Fiat are quietly updating the software to remedy an emissions problem, so that may well affect consumption. Do you have the campaign number? If so Fiat CS should be able to tell you what it's for.

·
Registered
56 Posts
I would assume less fuel, but if performance is affected the right boot may compensate. I have't done enough miles since I collected my oil burner yesterday but doing a motorway run tomorrow that should guarantee 47-50 mpg, so I'll check it tomorrow evening

1 - 20 of 22 Posts