Fiat 500x Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, just joined and am seriously thinking of buying a 1.4 popstar or lounge. Me being me, I like to do lots of research beforehand, and notice the generally critical comments on this site. However, I am sure that there are lots of satisfied customers as I am seeing more and more of these cars in the Surrey/Hants/Berks area. If there is anyone on this forum who has positive things to say I would love to hear from them ! Many thanks in advance!

·
Registered
10 Posts
Interesting question and something I'd be keen to understand too.
I take the view that most people tend to only post negative comments - I like to think that there are many 500x owners who are too happy driving around to post on the forums.
I also take it as a positive that there doesn't seem to be a lot of activity on this and other fiat forums for the same reason.

I've yet to take delivery of my car (should be tomorrow), but I think I'm more concerned about the capability of the dealers than the cars.
Any car can go wrong, its how the problems are dealt with that matters.
Experience during the ordering process has already led me to believe that this is where Fiat struggle.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thank you for your response. Good Luck with your new car. I would be very interested to read your views on the car once you have had a chance to drive it.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Well I've just got mine so too early to tell. I do agree though - people are more likely to post when they're having a problem and less likely to post when everything is running fine.

·
Registered
147 Posts
I've had mine (1.4 Popstar City Look) since last June - I had one of the first non Opening Edition models via my dealer in Bucks.

I'll be honest, we've had some niggles, and some PITA moments largely born out by Fiat UK admitting we have "version zero" of the car and should expect some running tweaks...

That said, I've become very attached to the car and I really do think if Fiat can just edge up their build quality it should be a very very popular seller.

A lot of the issues resolved on the cars going out now are found by us early adopters - you're welcome! In all seriousness the nature of these forms is to share help and support for issues in my experience, I wouldn't let it put you off but more help you to compile a hit list of faults to tackle with your dealer before delivery.

I spent a very long 4.5hr drive from Essex to Bucks in mine on Friday evening and I must admit, I can't think of another car I'd want to have spent that time in. Especially given how flooded the M25 was and how stupid others were driving - the 500X has good road presence and people in anything less than a full size Range Rover or Barbarian/Warrior back right off.

Hewesy

·
Registered
16 Posts
I agree with Hewesy, all new cars have niggles, a small percentage will have issues which need fixing. Im loving driving my 500x, acceleration through the gears is great, cruising at 70 is comfortable, its great around corners and holding the road. Mine has squeeks at low speeds on rough ground and the brakes are a bit grindey, it also had the dashboard 'gap' which I glued myself. The pedal area is a bit too small for my size 10 feet but I will get used to that, its all about changing from one car to another unless they are the same model.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thank you to all who have responded. From the research I have done so far, my impressions are:

1.Marked difference in the quality of the dealerships between major manufacturers and the others, in terms of quality of staff, car knowledge and enthusiasm for the product;

2. 20% discounts available on the internet only 12 months after launch; large numbers of pre-registered cars available;

3.Price increase effective April 2016 of approx. 2.7%; but options such as metallic paint +10%, visibility pack +25%, comfort pack +20% and comfort plus pack +75% !!

4. 1.4 petrol engine can be rather thirsty, while the diesel is noisy;

5.Choose 17" wheels for a less firm ride.

6. A stylish car to own and drive.

Please keep those comments coming in.

·
Registered
102 Posts
firstly sorry my english and grammer ,because some people so judgement on here.yes diesel is little noisy but only when it is cold after than is not bad.You can't hear inside.yes pre reg cars are available but you should know most of them built before june 2015 and they have lots of problem and they says used by manager or staff. but some of them returned the dealership like i did because of lots of problems.sorry for new owner. like i had second one after fiat dealer accept car is faulty they done like to like swap since january car been to service 4 times. rear window stop to working connection or switch/ line change wasnt work proper / dash has a gap like lots of them/ and brake pads changed/dpf light came and they upgrade the software. and now how can i say this is good car.and if you find my old comment about my old one you can understand what i meant to.
you can ask me why you bought (i wish i didnt).i wanted to change my alfa with little bigger car actually i went to look for 500l but dealer showed me 2nd hand 500l tracking which was only 2k cheaper than brand new 500x 1.4 and we decide to buy brand new car and when i bought my first 500x noone was here for making comment about problems only they were saying they ordered,they seen etc. if i found this page before my first one i wouldn't touch 500x. and after 6 month dealer accept car is faulty and they want to swap like to like which i really didn't want but they asked nearly £5k top of my car if i want to leave the contract (they played good) or get diesel one for same price.sadly we choose because we had not other easy option.and if you look 500x still suffers with problems because of that they drop the price..

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!

·
Registered
20 Posts
Have you decided what to do? There are other options out there - Ford Ecosport, Nissan Qashqai or the New Seat Ateca.

The Seat Ateca looks quite nice and should be reliable if that is your main concern?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I am restricted by the size of my garage, and the 500x just fits in and allows me to squeeze out. Just at the moment I am happy to read owners' experiences before making a decision. My first choice could be the Honda HRV, but there again, I am awaiting product development.

Thank you for your response and please keep me informed.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Have you decided what to do? There are other options out there - Ford Ecosport, Nissan Qashqai or the New Seat Ateca.

The Seat Ateca looks quite nice and should be reliable if that is your main concern?
I am also considering the Ateca but its a few months away from being launched.

Not keen on the Ecosport. Doesn't look that great and if you read the reviews of that, they are not great either.

·
Registered
147 Posts
The Duster was my first choice, luckily I know a few folks who have had them 12months or so and the build quality really is worse. Honest!

I'm not playing favourites - just adding real world experience is all.

Hewesy

1 - 14 of 14 Posts