Fiat 500x Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just wondering if any of you 500x owners have changed the feeble drl bulb for a brighter and safer led bulb,cant understand why fiat did not fit proper led day running lights for such a new and recent model?

·
Registered
10 Posts
No but I want to do this! As soon as I get some time I'm going to take it out and see what sort of fitment we need and see if any can be bought online. I'll let you know how I get on.

·
Registered
25 Posts
I would like to, I had a look online at other models and the information suggested it would throw up all sorts of error messages.

·
Registered
147 Posts
I asked Fiat if I could swap the boot bulb to LED as it is so dark. Their advice was to ask the dealer...

I have seen issues about CANBus wiring throwing up errors with LED replacements, hence I'm not super keen myself.

Hewesy

·
Registered
56 Posts
I asked Fiat if I could swap the boot bulb to LED as it is so dark. Their advice was to ask the dealer...

I have seen issues about CANBus wiring throwing up errors with LED replacements, hence I'm not super keen myself.

Hewesy
It SHOULD be OK to fit Canbus LED bulbs or a suitable resistor, but I have yet to see a professional opinion on it

·
Registered
147 Posts
Cheers, I'd be interested to see how this develops. I'm sure someone has tried, just depends if they got a warning light for bulb failure (or worse).

Hewesy

·
Registered
56 Posts
Cheers, I'd be interested to see how this develops. I'm sure someone has tried, just depends if they got a warning light for bulb failure (or worse).

Hewesy
I THINK that a blown bulb warning is worst case scenario, but I'm not an auto-electrician

1 - 10 of 10 Posts