Fiat 500x Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,

New to the forum but owned out 500x 1.4 multiair for 3 years now and 40k miles (bought used 16 months old with 22k on the clock).

Anyway first few faults have now cropped up, being the heater seems to be blowing cold air only. With the warmer weather we've not noticed this so not sure if it's linked to anything. However we do also have a failed ambient temp sensor and so it's reading 60+ degrees C at the moment.

Are the two linked? Surely Fiat is not clever enough to link the climate control to the ambient temp sensor?

I live in the UK and I'm an engineer for JLR (I used to work on workshop manual processes and in service engineering so know a little about repair and diagnosis), I also own a 1996 Jaguar XK8 and do most of my own repair work and my own servicing (where time and tools/space permit).

Any help appreciated,

Thanks

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hi all,

New to the forum but owned out 500x 1.4 multiair for 3 years now and 40k miles (bought used 16 months old with 22k on the clock).

Anyway first few faults have now cropped up, being the heater seems to be blowing cold air only. With the warmer weather we've not noticed this so not sure if it's linked to anything. However we do also have a failed ambient temp sensor and so it's reading 60+ degrees C at the moment.

Are the two linked? Surely Fiat is not clever enough to link the climate control to the ambient temp sensor?

I live in the UK and I'm an engineer for JLR (I used to work on workshop manual processes and in service engineering so know a little about repair and diagnosis), I also own a 1996 Jaguar XK8 and do most of my own repair work and my own servicing (where time and tools/space permit).

Any help appreciated,

Thanks
You need to fix the ambient sensor. I got a replacement for a few quid from Ebay. Then disassemble the mirror. I posted about this a few weeks back. then clear all the errors in the system via ODB port. the error codes from the sensor buggers everything up ( well did on mine). took me about an hour to pop the mirror apart and fit a new sensor. Hope this helps. LHS Mirror Assy BTW.

·
Registered
3 Posts
There are a few possible causes for this problem:

-The multiair heater could be clogged with dust or other debris and needs to be cleaned.
-The multiair heater could be defective and need to be replaced.
-There could be an issue with the thermostat and it needs to be adjusted or replaced.
-There could be a problem with the wiring and it needs to be repaired or replaced.

If you suspect that the multiair heater is defective, then we recommend contacting a qualified technician for assistance. If you think the thermostat might be at fault, you can try adjusting it yourself, but if that doesn't work then you might need to replace it.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts