Fiat 500x Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello All

I've just today picked up a 10 month old, 7000 mile Red 1.4 Multiair Cross today for a very reasonable price from Motorpoint, it was an ex Thrifty Hire car.

Having lurked on this site over the last week, I was wondering if I had made the right engine choice but can report on my drive back from Newport to Bruton Somerset I managed 44mpg on a mixture of M4 and A& B roads. In fact yesterday I was still negotiating for a 1.6 Multijet Cross Plus but the logistics of getting to Salford to buy it defeated me. Anyway I'd be happy with 40 mpg from the petrol engine as it is quite powerful.

The Cross does not have an armrest nor Nav but I can live without them. First impressions, it's a different drive from my departed Alfa Romeo 159 TI Sportwagon but my initial concerns re the choppier ride have been eased as it seems very rigid and well screwed together. Brakes don't squeal, but there is a little flat spot after changing gear that I'll need to look into. Local Fiat Dealer is 10 minutes down the road so hope I don't spend too much time there......

I've had a series of Fiats, from Unos, Pandas, Bravos, Puntos, Brava and a Tipo and this seems the best yet.

Not had the heater/dashboard issue that many have reported, to be honest cannot see a gap on the dashboard...

Anyway look forward to contributing to the site, as I did on your sister site for Alfas.

Cheers

Keith:)

1 - 3 of 3 Posts