Fiat 500x Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hi everyone, I'm new to this forum - found it whilst searching for tyre pressures in icy weather. Good to know it's there for fellow 500X owners & a chat �� I live in Kent & have one of the Opening Edition 2015 500X - Great cars ..... but can anyone help me with tyre pressures (please don't say look in the manual) ��
I'm driving about 5 hours 'up north' today & as the weather is icy, wanted to check my tyre pressures. I think it's better to have them slightly less inflated in icy conditions - am I right in thinking this?
Thank you �� xx

Registered
Hmm I'd go more by passengers and weight than ice in the UK - unless your north is driving across Iceland I don't think you'll need to worry about lowering pressures! 5hrs from Kent would probably see the temp rise, before dropping again as you go further north into Yorks/beyond.

Bear in mind that the air in the tyres will expand as it warms anyway and be higher after 5hrs of driving.

I've got the standard 17" wheels on mine which are 2.4bar all round, so I'd stick to normal and only adjust after checking on your passengers/weight against the manual (yep, sorry!).

Hewesy

Registered
I saw a Top Gear in Iceland where this was done but then they tyres were huge on large SUVs. For normal cars I've read it may help to get you out of a stuck situation but overall it won't be of much general benefit

1 - 4 of 4 Posts