Fiat 500x Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys,

I collected my 500x on May 18th and since then it has spent 12 weeks back at the dealership!!!

My auto brake assist has kicked in twice now for NO reason - just as I have been driving down the road.

The first time I took it back and it was in the garage for 6 weeks for them to tell me there was no issues and I should just "monitor" it.

I had been turning off the system manually but forgot as I was in a rush one night, and it happened again.

I have no idea how I didn't cause an accident the second time. It was terrifying and I got so much abuse from the car behind me. I was just glad that I was moving relatively slowly and I wasn't on a motorway!!

The car however isn't registering a fault when it happens. I am terrified to drive it again and Fiat are refusing to acknowledge that there is an issue - but also refusing to put that in writing.

I have about a £3k defecit on the agreement so ideally I do not want to trade it in for something else!

Has anyone had any similar problems - or is there any advice you can offer in this situation??

Thanks for any help :)

·
Registered
18 Posts
I understand there is a software upgrade, I am having installed in mine next week. The upgrade is supposed to fix lane assistance, stop start, radio and brake assistance problems. That's what I was told by my dealer. Have you asked if you have had the software fix?

·
Registered
91 Posts
I'm not surprised Fiat won't acknowledge the problem, my own car has a airbag intermittent fault since I picked it up, back 4 times to dealership but like you the car does not register any faults but u connect on my phone does yet they say unless it's a constant light on they can't fix it.

So get your software up to date and if you can use Uconnect to make your case a little stronger. Also make sure you put in writing your concern to both the dealership and Fiat so if any accident occurs you have a very clear paper trail.

·
Registered
15 Posts
The brake assist has a sensitivity setting. I've set it to "high" and it beeps quite frequently. It event stopped the car completely twice already.

One of the two times it stopped, was a potential car crash, so I'm happy its very sensitive.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Nick - do you mean yours stopped the car when it should? Or stopped the car when you were just driving along?

Becky, complain as much as you can, threaten them with Auto Express or Trading Standards. There is also a motor complaints thing now - might be worth contacting them. http://www.consumer-ombudsman.org/

·
Registered
102 Posts
Nick - do you mean yours stopped the car when it should? Or stopped the car when you were just driving along?

Becky, complain as much as you can, threaten them with Auto Express or Trading Standards. There is also a motor complaints thing now - might be worth contacting them. http://www.consumer-ombudsman.org/

since day 1 i have problems with my car and threaten them but nothing changed.car visit to dealer more than 7 times and stayed around 20 days in the end they want to change the brakes(MANUFACTURER FAULT) But nothing about other problems.I think main problem is FIAT UK..

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!

·
Registered
147 Posts
Looking at the manual, can you set it to near to only look at really close potential accidents (if I read the manual right). it could be set to far at the moment and something odd triggered it that you didn't see?

It also says that it wont work properly if dirty, so I wonder either a) it is dirty and registered a false positive OR b) if you kept it dirty, the system wouldn't work to remove the risk until Fiat sort it?

I'd check with the dealer or Fiat Car on Twitter (if you use it) to see if the car needs an update as above too.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts