Fiat 500x Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Can anyone help when the lights are turned on there is a humming noise sounds like it’s coming from the front lights ,I’ve adjusted the height using the dial just wondered if anyone has experience this and and way to fix thanks

·
Registered
1 Posts
I Have not found a way to fix this problem but I have been experiencing it for at least a year now. I’m waiting for a AAA contractor as I type this because my car didn’t start leaving work. I always suspected it was the alternator but I can’t be sure. Something else I considered was that I replaced the incandescent headlight bulbs with led without a conversion kit and wonder if skipping that step was the culprit. I hope we both find out what it is though because it’s low key embarrassing!

·
Registered
4 Posts
It's most likely that the humming noise is being caused by the vibration of fluorescent light bulbs. When the bulbs get hot, they expand and vibrate, which creates a humming noise.

There are a few things you can do to reduce or stop the humming noise:

-Replace the light bulbs with LED light bulbs, which don't vibrate as much and create less noise.
-If you can't replace the light bulbs, try turning off some of the lights in the room to reduce the amount of power being used by the bulbs and therefore reducing their heat output.
-Install a dimmer switch on your lights so that you can control how bright they are and therefore how much heat they produce.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts