Fiat 500x Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
645 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
HS Automotive analyst Ian Fletcher said you might think of the squarer, rugged Jeep as the "male" version of the subcompact SUV, while the more rounded Fiat 500X will be more "female."
Does this mean the 500x is a girls car? What do you guys think about that?

·
Registered
79 Posts
What he's saying here isn't exactly earth shattering — the Jeep version has much more "rugged" styling, while the Fiat keeps more with the rounded forms of the rest of the 500 line. And, sure, by some very traditional metrics, that can make one feminine and one masculine. But now, in modern society, why are we still stuck on this cr*p?

·
Registered
645 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
i like both but would rather have the Fiat... just cooler to me... wife on the other hand would rather have the jeep because it's "cute"

·
Registered
645 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Not that it matters much, but I sampled both in a focus group recently, and ironically, the Jeep is the one that feels lower to the ground, I think due to its boxy proportions.

·
Registered
645 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Walker said:
Not that it matters much, but I sampled both in a focus group recently, and ironically, the Jeep is the one that feels lower to the ground, I think due to its boxy proportions.
Wow so you've actually seen them? What did you think of the 500x then?

·
Premium Member
67 Posts
tvrgriff said:
i like both but would rather have the Fiat... just cooler to me... wife on the other hand would rather have the jeep because it's "cute"
I do actually agree that the Jeep has a 'cute' look to it. It's certainly not a menacing or aggressive look.

·
Registered
645 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Some people I spoke to said it's more of a chicks car rather than a car for a guy, i think it's 50/50. The Fiat 500x is just too beefy for it's size to be a full all out girls car. If they do a pink Fiat 500x is definitely a girls car 100%, you wont find me in that Fiat 500x!!! haha LOL

·
Registered
79 Posts
the styling is definetly more "cutesy" but I feel it can be considered a mans car too since it is a blast to drive and once all the Abarth performance parts (and other aftermarket mods) become available you will see a ton of aggressive looking 500x's

1 - 9 of 9 Posts