Fiat 500x Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all

I am a new member, and thought there may be someone on her who may be able to help.

I have owned my 500X Lounge for 6 months, it was 6 months old when I purchased it.

Just before I bought it, a service was carried out by the garage.

Yesterday the oil warning pressure light came on. My oil levels were fine, so popped it into my local Fiat garage.
They agreed that the light was on, but they could not reset it as the oil change information on the car was showing that the oil change was overdue (so possible the oil change was not carried out when it was serviced 6 months ago, or they just didn't update the oil change info on the car software).
So, they carried out the oil change for me.

However, when I called to arrange collection, they are now saying that the oil pressure warning sensor is showing as faulty, so they need to order a new one. They said that they picked this up when they ran the diagnostics after the oil change, although they originally told us it was not showing as faulty when they ran the diagnostics when we first took it in.

So, after all that I have one question, if anyone can help.
Does anyone know if there is software in the car to show when an oil change has been carried out?

Any thoughts would be greatly appreciated.

Julie

·
Registered
9 Posts
Julie,

I cant help you on your specific question, however I have owned my 500X Cross for 4 months now from new, and on the silly occasions that I stall it and restart, I get the Oil Pressure warning come up even though my Oil is fine, so it may have been a fault in the software that happens specifically around engine start up from an unscheduled shutdown...

·
Registered
147 Posts
Hi Jules, welcome!

Interesting they chose to change the oil, you don't mention if the car is petrol or diesel (or mileage) however my understanding is that all the petrol engine 500X's are on a 2yr service interval (allowing 10k miles a year, so 2yrs/20k miles). Not sure if that applies to diesel cars too.

So, I find it odd that they would change the oil at 12 months, but even odder at 6 months. There is no "running in" oil change any more. Where did you buy the car, a main Fiat dealer?

It might be that the tech thought the oil was the incorrect grade or had deteriorated, hence it might show as low pressure if the sensor was having trouble processing it. Changing the oil for fresh/correct grade might have resolved the issue perhaps.

I doubt the car will store previous service dates on the ECU (as it does with fault codes), so the only place to check would be with the garage who supposedly changed it.

There are

·
Registered
147 Posts
Possibly but if it's done 20k in 6 months I'd be a little concerned :)

Might just be an old school dealer who thinks it's still good practice, rather than just a waste of good synthetic oil.

Kind regards,

1 - 5 of 5 Posts