Fiat 500x Forums banner
1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all, just found this forum after quick search.

Just placed an order for 500x pop star with nearly all options ticked(couldn't help myself) and now have to wait until July

My wife already drives a little 500 pop which is a great little car too.

Stu

I should add that I have already driven the 500x for a week while on holiday in lanzarote through Cicar rentals.Edited by: Skbar247

·
Registered
10 Posts
Hi welcome to the forums, you are one of the very few on here who have managed to drive one, please let us know what you thought of it.
I guess it must have been alright with you placing an order when you got home

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Hi folks,

Very nice driver. Much more solid build quality than I expected from Fiat, nice thunk when closing doors. Really nice place to sit, dash attractive but simple layout. Road noise well suppressed. Boot not as big as some others

Drove 1.6 diesel engine, good low down pull not too noisy. I only picked the petrol engine because I don't drive many miles about 3500/4000 each year so was worried about the dpf issues which other low mileage brands suffer.

I picked the pop star in white, red black interior, not so keen on lounge interior options.

Added every option except lane departure which the holiday car had but I felt was waste of money.

It becomes expensive when options ticked(£1000 each for electric roof and navigation) but this is my first ever new car, previously would never have considered spending this amount on a car so read that as I was pretty much sucked in

Roll on July

Ordered thro Arnold Clark Paisley FiatEdited by: Skbar247

·
Registered
79 Posts
Sounds like a decent spec and I do like the interior colour combination. I agree in your situation the petrol sounds more suited to you. I hope the next couple of months pass quickly for you.

·
Registered
645 Posts
I was debating about the nav option but when I can buy a TomTom or Garmin for £150 I'm struggling to justify the premium. Does it come with anything else if I spec that?

·
Registered
13 Posts
Did you get the manual or auto?
Also keen to hear your thoughts on the sunroof when you get it delivered.
Now just that wait...

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Just been informed I'm at stage 10 of production.

I went for manual box and I'm now trying to negotiate with my better half to add the sat nav option. Unfortunately I am not winning at this time!

Have managed to get hold of boot protector and fitted mats. Has any body fitted a rearguard bumper protector before. Car doesn't have this as standardEdited by: Skbar247

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Latest update car has arrived in UK, Paisley Arnold Clark might have it for early next week. Hope you are enjoying the drive.

Anybody' picked up any accessories yet? So far I have the fitted mats, cargo tray and sill guards. Edited by: Skbar247

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Quick update car going through pdi BUT no winter pack as I requested. Apparently this option has been removed due to ongoing supply issues by Fiat yet you can still specify it on web site. Need to phone Fiat direct in case mistake made by dealership.

·
Registered
11 Posts
What was supposed to be part of the winter pack? Do you get that refunded? Bit of a bummer if that's what you wanted though.

1 - 20 of 37 Posts