Fiat 500x Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all.

I've been thinking about becoming a Fiat owner after millions of years with Nissan.

I had a look at the 500x yesterday and loved it, it looks like a Juke but isnt... so the change will be good for me.
I was contemplating a 500X Lounge 1.4 multiair petrol engine, colour undecided... hmm what a decision..

However, i am unsure of the reliability of Fiat engines,... can someone advise me what the pitfalls are of owning a 1.4 multiair engined Fiat?.. That is if there are any pitfalls

I know the cars new so any initial niggles will be felt by us as new owners.. Its always the way that teething problems occur but I have NEVER owned a Fiat and have seen some horror stories on the web.

Thanks
Fee x

·
Registered
10 Posts
Hi and welcome along,I am a newbie to this forum and to Fiat as well. I must admit the thought of reliability has crossed my mind. When I saw the 500x though it seemed very well put together and of a decent quality. I looked at Jukes before but their interiors felt quite cheap in comparisons, I've also been on the Juke forums and it looks like it's had it's fair share of issues. How did you find yours?
From what I've read in reviews the 1.4 multi is supposed to be decent and gives the feel of a much larger engined car. I think the engine has been around for a number of years too, perhaps starting off in the Punto? Hopefully if its the same engine all the niggles will have been ironed out.
This review suggests its a good choice and is in your trim level too:http://www.autoexpress.co.uk/fiat/500/89493/fiat-500x-14-multiair-lounge-review

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Well. I'm sorry to say I had a test drive in the 1.4 petrol and didn't like the engine.

I felt the car took an eternity to get through first and second gear and the car was slow. Not as torquey as I had hoped. I can't afford the diesel so that is me stuffed.

The ride quality was fab, very high, steering was responsive and the engine so very quiet, the internal cabin was lovely. I did like it.

To say I am gutted about the power of the car is an understatement, coming from a 1.5 diesel, I simply couldn't face driving that everyday.

Hmmm. Back to the drawing board I think.

Fee xx

PS. I've had two Jukes and the only reason I wouldwalk from Nissan is the customer service .. It's gone downhill. I've had 13 Nissans so know the brand really well...

Edited by: Fee

·
Registered
17 Posts
Fee, you might want to check if the car had been coded as I had two tests in the 1.4 petrolat different dealers and both times the car was not actually set up and I was the first person to test them. On one it was still in Italian and showing km instead of miles and you could tell there was no real acceleration and there was no gear shift indication. I tried one of them again todayand this time it had been set up and it was a lot better.I actually wonder if the turbo doesn't work until they had coded it.

·
Registered
79 Posts
Fee said:
Well. I'm sorry to say I had a test drive in the 1.4 petrol and didn't like the engine.

I felt the car took an eternity to get through first and second gear and the car was slow. Not as torquey as I had hoped. I can't afford the diesel so that is me stuffed.

The ride quality was fab, very high, steering was responsive and the engine so very quiet, the internal cabin was lovely. I did like it.

To say I am gutted about the power of the car is an understatement, coming from a 1.5 diesel, I simply couldn't face driving that everyday.

Hmmm. Back to the drawing board I think.

Fee xx

PS. I've had two Jukes and the only reason I wouldwalk from Nissan is the customer service .. It's gone downhill. I've had 13 Nissans so know the brand really well...
All the reviews state this is the best engine to get, should take just over 9 seconds to get to 60 and whilst not mega fast is certainly shouldn't feel slow.

·
Registered
645 Posts
The 1.4 is, I think, what I will go for. Sounds like I need to test drive it first though. My local doesn't have one in.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts