Fiat 500x Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

I know everyone tends to vent there frustration on forums, i am having a few issues with the 500x 1.4 cross 2015 65 plate, one of the first registered in the UK i believe. I purchased the car from a car supermarket 6 months old for a very reasonable price with 6k on the clock. After 12 months of owning the vehicle and several trips back to Pentagon Fiat in Barnsley (who are great btw) There are several problems which they cant diagnose, 1, slight misfire on startup from cold 2, Parking sensors not switching off. 3. Electric handbrake not disengaging 4, Absolutely terrible fuel consumption 17-19 mpg.

Is there anyone else out there having the same problems and has contacting fiat directly helped anyone?

I've had enough it's the first new car I've ever owned. I have a 15yr old Clio 172 with better reliability.

Thanks
Tom

·
Registered
56 Posts
Hi,

There is another Fiat forum where an owner has a similar complaint re consumption

http://www.fiatforum.com/500x/440744-500x-1-4-fuel-consumption.html

As for the misfire when cold, I have a completely different engine to yours but I had an absolutely dreadful misfire from cold, totally absent when warm, aftervabout 5 minutes. The diagnostic computer kept saying " no fault found". Eventually after huge warranty claims to Fiat they solved it. It was a sensor buried deep in the fuel system that was reporting to the ECU that it was warm when it wasn't. It was working so the computer said No, but it was working erroneously.

This may help.

The car drives like an absolute dream now, the lesson I have learnt is that Fiat are willing to spend thousands sorting the 500X out.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts