Fiat 500x Forums banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm lucky in that I've come from years of very reliable cars and I don't want to rock the boat with that, I hate spending time at the garage having repairs done!

I think most modern cars are quite reliable these days but I have seen Fiat slipping down the reliability index, anything I should be worried about?

·
Registered
102 Posts
i think we should and which is reliable on these days.. vw had big scandal,volvo calls around 50k cars back.fiat... My first 500x 1.4 petrol was nightmare every single problem you can get in the end dealer swapped the car with 1.6 diesel one.(personally i wouldn't get another 500x after bad experience) this one is much better than my old one few minor problem. Relibility is going down yes it right i think main problems
1st Fiat uk not clear like fiat usa
2nd dealer/service(they didn't know the car or problems when car came out)
3rd 500x is expensiver than others

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!

·
Registered
55 Posts
I have had three new Fiats....Punto,Panda and now the 500x. Perfectly reliable no problems , had good service each time from my local main dealer. Punto had some condensation in the rear led lights(replaced under warranty) other than that nothing. Panda no issues at all. 500x minor rattle on exhaust,seat logo peeling away from seat back....all fixed under warranty. All were totally reliable had no issues with mileages ,Punto had 30000mls,Panda 25000 and my current 500x just at 5000 miles. Paintwork and body all as good as new when part ex. I think the 500x is a premium model for Fiat and so far it is proving to be.

·
Registered
55 Posts
All I can say is I used to have new Renaults and their service and reliability was awful. Had a Laguna that spent all its time going back for repair and then a Clio which things kept breaking,seat trim etc and then getting damaged by their workshop! Since I switched to Fiat nothing but plain sailing......

·
Registered
102 Posts
maybe you are the luckiest person who own the 500x but reliability is worse than renault's now.. Try kadjar much better than 500x and you know this is my second 500x and this one starts problems too.. skybar247 is getting similar problem what i had with old one.and this new one had new brake pads coz of noise, indicator stalk coz line change wasn't work proper,dashboard has gap still argument is goin with fiat,now steam in headlight. i gave this crap to my wife and reduce my stress level. because i can find more fault with these 500x .and if you look world sale 500x is really going down now.

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!

Attachments

·
Registered
55 Posts
Two people with 500x faults out of how many sold? Normally people only go onto owner sites when they have problems! You don't usually get people just praising their cars on forum sites. You obviously have had issues with the 500x which is plain by 90% of your postings.........

·
Registered
102 Posts
2 people hahah look how many 500x return to dealer. And how many left on road how many second hand for sale even car us not 1 year old. Look price wise and if you watch or read the neews fca declare false number about how many car sold. And read little more how much they lost.2 people maybe only on here because not lots of user in here . and i remember you had few problem with your 500x. And what i listed they are common problems on 500x which built before july 2015 and all reported in september 2015 but since 1st day i said fiat uk is not clear like fiat usa.i m still behind my words built quality is not for its price.

·
Registered
91 Posts
All new models suffer early defects and as a early adopter I expected a few niggles but it's Fiats attitude that really maddens me, they have all but said go jump like its my fault for driving the car that's causing the problems to occur.

·
Registered
102 Posts
selling is not easy option when you buy with finance i was going to refuse to swap but they asked me £4k for close the finance reason is i used the car even i report the problem first day but they didnt want to fix. if you don't like to listen the or read the 500x problems just don't read .. if ppl is paying £20k for a brand new car for not to go to service everyday.. And i wish you owned my old and new 500x after than i would see your comment about the car..And just i cant get it you had lots of minor issue with your 500x but you are not sharing on here you are mostly use fiat forum.. just be clear on here too car is new and it gives lots of problem even dealer or service doesn't know what they should do just they know software update for everything..

·
Registered
55 Posts
Lots of minor issues?.....not quite!.......slight exaggeration from you I think. I prefer the Fiat forum as it works slightly better than this particular forum. And I hope you explain your problems to your dealer in a better way than you write on these forums......

·
Registered
102 Posts
Don't worry i explained really good and show every single bits even they had understanding problems i showed with pictures and videos too.if you problem with my writing don't read..
just i seen few even i didn't search about your problems like rattle,interior,radio..i hope you won't get what we had like i said if you had same problems what we had probably you will hate the car more than me. anyway this argument won't finish, in the end for me 500x is big disappointment for me if yours is problem free mean you are lucky but you are reading another forum and people has suffer with silly problems..
good night

·
Registered
645 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hi,

I know everyone tends to vent there frustration on forums, i am having a few issues with the 500x 1.4 cross 2015 65 plate, one of the first registered in the UK i believe. I purchased the car from a car supermarket 6 months old for a very reasonable price with 6k on the clock. After 12 months of owning the vehicle and several trips back to Pentagon Fiat in Barnsley (who are great btw) There are several problems which they cant diagnose, 1, slight misfire on startup from cold 2, Parking sensors not switching off. 3. Electric handbrake not disengaging 4, Absolutely terrible fuel consumption 17-19 mpg.

Is there anyone else out there having the same problems and has contacting fiat directly helped anyone?

I've had enough it's the first new car I've ever owned. I have a 15yr old Clio 172 with better reliability.

Thanks
Tom

1 - 20 of 22 Posts