Fiat 500x Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi I have just reserved a 500 X 1.4 multi air cross plus petrol 2015. I have the choice between this and 1.6 diesel with same spec, my journey each day to work is 18 miles round trip, any advice on which one I should go for. £500 difference but diesel has lower mileage. I don't know anyone who owns one so can't ask for advice is it a good car to drive? Thanks

·
Registered
7 Posts
Hi I have just reserved a 500 X 1.4 multi air cross plus petrol 2015. I have the choice between this and 1.6 diesel with same spec, my journey each day to work is 18 miles round trip, any advice on which one I should go for. £500 difference but diesel has lower mileage. I don't know anyone who owns one so can't ask for advice is it a good car to drive? Thanks
I've had a Multiair Cross since mid January. Averaging about 32mpg so far; mix of motorway, A roads and town driving. Car only has 1300 miles on it so I'm expecting it to improve a little, especially on a run.
Guess your choice comes down to the old 'diesel or petrol' debate;ie do you do enough miles to justify diesel?
I came from AR Giulietta with same 1.6Jtdm engine as the X; abs loved the car but I suffered from permanent DPF anxiety, as my mileage and normal usage never justified diesel.
I got around the anxiety by ensuring I gave the car a good run at least once a week; easy where I stay out in the country but close to a motorway.
Really enjoying the Multiair; drives well and is very quick out on open road.
You really have to decide which one will be better for your'normal' needs. My car sits in the drive most days as I get train to work meaning mpg isnt too much of an issue for me; fun is!

·
Registered
75 Posts
Lots of hate towards diesel at the moment but personally I like them and the extra pull they give. For you though I would say the petrol would be fine.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts