Fiat 500x Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone apply for tickets for tomorrows event at Stratford?I applied, but not heard if been successful for tickets, so assume not.Only want to see the car to know if we should place order for opening edition

·
Registered
13 Posts
Hi we did to but not herd nothing but like you say just need to see car he he ......wonder if any dealers may get one to show like they did with the 500l ...

·
Registered
13 Posts
Hi we did to but not heard nothing but like you say just need to see car he he ......wonder if any dealers may get one to show like they did with the 500l ...

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Nothing for me either. Tweeted Fiat UK to see if possible to see the car without tickets (maybe one outside?) but they confirmed without a ticket, you cannot see the car.So I guess you have to have blind faith that the car meets your needs to order an opening edition :-(
I just want to see if the boot incline means its unsuitable for my dog to sit in the back like I concluded with the Nissan Juke. Also the Jukes boot floor is quite high exasperating the issue.
Pictures I've seen of the boot suggest its deep enough, but just cannot tell how much depth higher up when the boot is closed.
Just to qualify, I think the price/equipment levels on the opening edition are reasonable. If it goes on general release and have to add 1.7k extra, all of a sudden, other options seem more appealing. Unlike other makes, Fiat don't tend to discount from RRP much if at all as I found out with our regular 500. Been offered nearly 9k off another marque RRP.

Edited by: 8eaker

·
Registered
13 Posts
Hi 8eaker yea just a shame we couldn't get to see the car without tickets especially as we potential customers for the car ..... Did say on another thread our dealer is off to Italy in the next couple of weeks to test the car and promised lots of info when back .... I waiting to see when the 170bhp manual in the cross version will be available ....

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Right, well it turns out that I was fed a little bit of an untruth from FiatUK on twitter.I saw on Twitter that they had visited the Shard yesterday for part of the launch event and Dynamo was pictured with the car outside. So, as I run home across London to the station, made a detour to the Shard, and low and behold, I cast my eyes for the first time on a 500x unattended just outside. Had a good look around (not open) and it is a nice car as it is in pictures. It was what I imagine is art grey (like an off cream?) Got a few snaps and moved on. Maybe very slightly smaller than I had expected - but it seems comparable with the Juke in dimension, which I guess is where they are pitching it.
My train journey home passes Stratford, and despite FiatUK telling me that I wouldn't be able to see a car at the venue without going in, I just couldn't believe that there wouldn't be one outside.
They were correct. There wasn't one outside .... but about 9 of them! All in red and presumably cross model. Again, they weren't open, but the security guard was happy for me to get up close and personal with them - then I had a look at the car too ;-)My main reason for wanting to see them was to gauge the boot incline encroachment, so I now have a better idea by looking through the rear window (all dark tinted though) and concluded its not as bad as the Juke and has an adequate boot size at the higher level for our needs. Ideally would like a little larger, but I guess that means a straighter tail and therefore that is catered for by the 500L. The shape of the 500X is much more appealing though.

Edited by: 8eaker

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
If anyone is interested, you can get a sneak peak at the colour options (text only) and options by going to carwow.co.uk and build a 500x for a quote. Its the first place I've seen the optional extras. Darn good site too for getting great discounts. Needless to say, not one for 500X though.

·
Registered
79 Posts
8eaker said:
Right, well it turns out that I was fed a little bit of an untruth from FiatUK on twitter.I saw on Twitter that they had visited the Shard yesterday for part of the launch event and Dynamo was pictured with the car outside. So, as I run home across London to the station, made a detour to the Shard, and low and behold, I cast my eyes for the first time on a 500x unattended just outside. Had a good look around (not open) and it is a nice car as it is in pictures. It was what I imagine is art grey (like an off cream?) Got a few snaps and moved on. Maybe very slightly smaller than I had expected - but it seems comparable with the Juke in dimension, which I guess is where they are pitching it.
My train journey home passes Stratford, and despite FiatUK telling me that I wouldn't be able to see a car at the venue without going in, I just couldn't believe that there wouldn't be one outside.
They were correct. There wasn't one outside .... but about 9 of them! All in red and presumably cross model. Again, they weren't open, but the security guard was happy for me to get up close and personal with them - then I had a look at the car too ;-)My main reason for wanting to see them was to gauge the boot incline encroachment, so I now have a better idea by looking through the rear window (all dark tinted though) and concluded its not as bad as the Juke and has an adequate boot size at the higher level for our needs. Ideally would like a little larger, but I guess that means a straighter tail and therefore that is catered for by the 500L. The shape of the 500X is much more appealing though.
Glad you managed to get a look. I also applied but didn't hear anything back. The opening edition sounds like a real bargain but I need to see and sit in one first!
Did you manage to take any pictures you could share here?

·
Registered
645 Posts
I went, it was a really, really good event. Very well managed and Dynamo was fantastic.
It convinced me, not that I need much mind, to go ahead and place an order for the opening edition. I've got a few pictures I'll get off my camera and try and work out how to upload.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts